This tutorial is about How the Xbox Family Settings App Works on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How the Xbox Family Settings App Works on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How the Xbox Family Settings App Works on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
These are games for kids who love Microsoft’s Xbox One. Cuphead, Forza Horizon and Ori and the Blind Forest are the Xbox titles that keep gamers under the fascination of games. However, the maturity level of most games, combined with Xbox’s appeal, make the system’s built-in parental controls a welcome feature.
Xbox One games can be played on both the console and a Windows PC. Similarly, the parental control settings work on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices, and can be activated on Xbox or in your browser through your Microsoft account. The first step is to link your Microsoft account to your child’s account (the one they use to log into Xbox or their Windows PC). For Family Settings to work, both you and your child must use individual accounts. Here’s a quick guide to key settings to enable parental controls on Xbox One.
How to configure parental controls for Xbox Series X or S through the Xbox Family Settings app
If you want to set up Xbox parental controls, the easiest way is to do so through the Xbox Family Settings app. It takes a bit of setup, but it means you can keep a close eye on what your kids are doing online, as well as setting time limits for Xbox. Here’s how to do it.
- On your smartphone, download the Xbox Family Settings app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and log into your Xbox / Microsoft account.
- Touch Add Family Member.
- Touch Create a child account or Invite someone to add an existing Microsoft or Xbox network account to your Xbox family.
- Once you’ve added them, tap on your profile name to start adding restrictions.
- Enter your child’s age and the Xbox Family Settings app will automatically suggest age-appropriate content restrictions.
- Choose whether you want to allow the child to communicate with all other players online, only with their friends or with no one.
- Choose whether you want to allow your child to play online or block online multiplayer options.
- The basic settings for your child’s Xbox account have now been configured.
How to change parental controls on Xbox Series X or S through the Xbox Family Settings app
If you want to change some of the settings for your kid, like setting a limit on how long they are allowed to play games on their Xbox, it’s simple to do through the app. That’s how.
- Open the Xbox Family Settings app.
- Touch the name of your child’s profile.
- Tap on Child Settings.
- Scroll down to Screen Time and tap on it.
- Tap on Time interval to adjust how long your child can use their Xbox on any given day.
How to use the Xbox Series X or S Family Settings on the console
If you prefer to change the settings on your Xbox Series X or S console, it’s easy to do once you know how. In particular, we recommend setting up your console so that no one can purchase items from the store without at least one access key. This is what you should do.
- Press the glowing Xbox symbol in the middle of your controller.
- Scroll right to Profile and System.
- Click Settings with the A button.
- Select Account> Family Settings.
- Select My Login, Security & Password.
- Click Change my sign-in and security preferences.
- Select Request my passcode.
- No one can buy anything in the store without your permission.
Other things you can do with the Xbox Family Settings app
The Xbox Family Settings app is quite powerful. This is what you can do with it.
- Add other organizers / adults. Don’t you want to be solely responsible for the time your kids spend online? You can add additional organizers to the account, which means that you can divide the responsibility and change their settings when necessary. Organizers must be over 18 years of age to do so.
- Set deadlines and time limits. In addition to limiting the time your kids play on your Xbox, you can also set specific time periods so that they only access the game after they’ve done their homework, for example.
- Monitor your activity. Do you want to know how much they play each week? Regular screen time updates let you know every second of game time.
- Manage your child’s friends list. If you are concerned about cyber bullying, you can make sure that your children only have genuine friends on their friend list and no one else.
- Pass / Block multiplayer for specific games. If a child wants to play a multiplayer game that is not approved, a request can be submitted to unlock multiplayer for that individual game. You will receive an in-app message containing more information about the game to help you determine whether or not it is appropriate.
Final remarks: How the Xbox Family Settings App Works on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
I hope you understand this article, How the Xbox Family Settings App Works on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.