This tutorial is about How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook
Google Chrome OS is the hub for Chromebooks that the Google account uses to manage all the information and applications. This implies that you have logged in or installed on your Chrome browser using an account, assuming you have used a similar account on the Chrome operating system, you will get all the active expansions and applications in the browser. This implies that Chromebook Chrome OS is more inclined towards a cloud ecosystem.
What is really annoying, however, is that Google has designed the Chrome operating system so that you cannot completely remove the owner of the device without restarting it. However, we can log out of the main account and we can verify some other Google account as essential without resetting it. This will hide the account owners or essential introductory data and will not allow input from others until the owner’s account has logged into the scenario once more.
Add a new user account
- To create a user account, first turn on your Chromebook to access the login screen. If you are already signed in, click on the Wi-Fi, power and time option in the lower right corner of the screen and select Sign out.
- On the login screen, click Add Person in the lower left corner of the screen. This option is ideal if the user you are adding will be using their Chromebook regularly or if they want to customize the Chromebook environment themselves.
- You also have another option next to Add person that doesn’t require your guest to add their Google account. This option is Browse as Guest, which is ideal for temporary users. It takes users directly to Chrome, where they can start browsing right away.
- The next screen presents you with two options: you and a child. Select You if the guest is an adult user who will need access to all the features of your Chromebook. This option will allow your guest to have an account similar to their main user account.
- If you are loaning your Chromebook to a child and want to grant them access to limited features, choose A Child. The setup process is similar to the one mentioned in the following steps. Also, it will offer you to set up parental controls for this user account.
- After clicking You or a child, Chrome OS will ask your guest to enter their Google account login details. Once the guest user enters their login details correctly, the Terms of Service for Chromebook and Google Play will appear, which they must accept.
- They might get a couple of other options, like checking what to sync from your Google account and setting up a connection with your phone. They can skip the unnecessary steps in which they are given a choice.
- The last step is to set up the Google Assistant. The guest can choose to train the software for speech recognition or Skip this step. Now the setup is complete and you can click Done to continue.
- The guest user is now ready to use their Chromebook with their own Google account that will sync their Chrome and Google Drive data. If they are new to Chromebooks, it also offers a tour to familiarize them with the Chrome OS environment.
- You can also access this user account later. It will appear next to your account on the sign in screen when you turn on your Chromebook. Also, you can create multiple user accounts using the same method.
Delete the guest user account
If the newly added guest user account is no longer required, you can remove it from the system with these steps:
- Go to the login screen, where you will see the available accounts.
- Find the account you want to delete and click the down arrow next to it.
- You will get an option to delete this user. Click on it and confirm to delete the account and everything associated with it, including local files and data.
How to add another Google account on Chromebook
The steps mentioned above are for adding a guest user account for someone who wants to use your Chromebook. But there is a way to add multiple Google accounts to your primary owner account. This method is beneficial for separating your work account from your personal account. Or you may want to have multiple accounts for multiple companies or jobs. To add another Google account, follow these steps:
- Click on the Wi-Fi, power and time option in the lower right corner of your screen.
- There is a settings cog in the upper right corner of the menu. Click on it to enter the settings menu.
- Now, click on Accounts on the left sidebar. Select your Google account, which is the first option in the Accounts section.
- On the next page, you will get an option to Add Google Account. Click on it and enter the login details of the Google account you want to add.
- Once you have logged in, it will ask you to accept the Terms of Service. Click I agree to finish the process.
Final remarks: How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook
I hope you understand this article, How to Add/Remove a User Account from a Chromebook. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.