This tutorial is about How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically
If your mailbox has gotten too big, the obvious thing to do is archive old emails, tasks, notes, and other items to keep your Outlook fast and clean. This is where Outlook’s archive feature comes in. It is available in all versions of Outlook 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and earlier versions. And in this tutorial you will learn how to archive emails and other items in different versions automatically or manually.
Outlook Archive (and AutoArchive) moves older email, tasks, and calendar items to an archive folder that is stored elsewhere on your hard drive. During archiving, older items are technically transferred from the main .pst file to a separate archive.pst file, which you can open from Outlook at any time. This allows you to reduce the size of your mailbox and free up space on your C: drive (if you want to save the archive file to a different location).
How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically
To customize the AutoArchive features for all folders, do the following:
- On the File tab, click the Options button:
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, on the Advanced tab, under AutoArchive, click the AutoArchive Settings… button.
- In the AutoArchive dialog you can.
- Use the Run AutoArchive every check box to enable automatic archiving of emails and other items.
- Use the following text box to set the frequency to archive emails, events and other items with time limits in Outlook.
- In the Default folder settings for archive group, define: -the term after which messages will be moved to a file, -the path and name of the .pst file.
- In the Move old items to field, you can change the file name (archive.pst) and location so that your Outlook items are archived elsewhere of your choice. By default, Outlook saves archived items in the following location:
- C: Users
Documents Outlook Files archive.pst
- Apply the new settings to all folders using the Apply these settings to all folders now button.
- Click OK twice.
Final remarks: How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically
I hope you understand this article, How to Archive Emails in MS Outlook Automatically. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.