This tutorial is about How to change scaling level of DPI in Windows 11/10. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to change scaling level of DPI in Windows 11/10. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to change scaling level of DPI in Windows 11/10
Did you know that you can manage not only the screen orientation, but also the scale of the text, icons and other graphics that are presented on your system screen? This scale is called Dots Per Inch (DPI), which allows users to set DPI settings apart from the recommended value based on their requirements. This can be very practical if a developer is testing some software with different types of icons, texts, etc.
Generally, Windows automatically sets the DPI scaling, which ranges from 96 to 125 dpi. Changing the DPI scaling level will increase or decrease the size of texts, icons, etc. from the approved normal scale level. There is an option to change the DPI scaling level in the Windows operating system. Here, let’s see how you can adjust the DPI scaling level on your Windows 11 system.
How to Modify and Manage DPI Display Scaling Level Settings on Windows 11 PC
There are several steps to adjust and override the current DPI display scaling level on your Windows 11 computer. Read each method below and try the steps that are easiest for you.
Method n. # 1: change DPI display scaling level in Windows 11 via settings menu
- Click the Start button.
- Go to settings.
- In the left pane, select System.
- Go to the right panel and choose Display.
- Scroll down and go to Scale and Layout.
- Select Scale.
- Now, choose the scale level you want for your DPI display.
Method n. # 2: Change DPI Display Scaling Level in Windows 11 via Registry Editor
- Open the Run dialog box. You can also press Windows key + R.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Control Panel Desktop.
- Find LogPixels and double click on it.
- In Value data, you can set it to any number you want.
- 96 = default 100%
- 120 = medium 125%
- 144 = greater than 150%
- 192 = extra large 200%
- 240 = custom 250%
- 288 = custom 300%
- 384 = custom 400%
- 480 = custom 500%
- Go to the Base option and select Decimal.
- Click OK.
- Then find Win8DpiScaling and double click on it.
- In Value data, you can enter 1 or 0. If you set LogPixels to 96, enter 0. If you set it above 96, use 1.
- Click OK.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Log out and log back in to see the changes.
How to adjust or set the default custom scale level settings on a Windows 11 computer
You also have the option to adjust and change the default values in your scale level settings. If you have a number in mind that is not part of the default selection, you can perform the following steps below to configure it.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to System and select Display.
- Select Scale.
- Look for the Custom Scale option.
- Also, you can enter the value you want for the scale level of your screen.
- Once done, click on the check mark.
- Select Sign out now.
- Please sign in again to see the changes.
Note that your settings may not always work with all applications on your Windows 11 computer. You can modify it anytime you want to suit your needs.
Final remarks: How to change scaling level of DPI in Windows 11/10
I hope you understand this article, How to change scaling level of DPI in Windows 11/10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.