This tutorial is about How to Change Time/Date on Windows 11. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Change Time/Date on Windows 11. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Change Time/Date on Windows 11
Microsoft Windows automatically synchronizes the system time with the respective time zone, based on stored information and with the help of Internet time servers. In general, the system time is quite accurate. But sometimes Windows may not display the correct time or time zone. Microsoft’s Windows 11, the successor to Windows 10, includes a number of user interface updates. From small tweaks that are easy to miss to larger differences that are easier to spot, there are plenty of changes to discover.
However, if the time or date on your Windows 11 are incorrect, then it explains how to fix it. In most cases, Windows will automatically synchronize the date and time. But if that does not work, you can also set them manually. Here’s how to set the time and date correctly on Windows 11 and how to change the format for short and long dates. So, without further ado, let’s start immediately.
How to change the date and time in Windows 11
Change the date and time through settings
- Right click on the clock icon in the bottom right corner of your taskbar and select ‘Set date and time’.
- In the ‘Date and Time’ settings window, you can keep the default settings to set the time and date automatically or manually set the date and time on your Windows 11 PC. To opt for the manual option, turn off the option ‘Set time automatically’. Then press the ‘Change’ button next to ‘Set the date and time manually’.
- In the next window, set the date and time using the dropdown menus, then click ‘Change’ to confirm.
Change date and time via control panel
- First of all, open Control Panel on your Windows 11 computer. To do that, search for ‘control’ (without quotes) in the Windows search bar and select ‘Control Panel’ from the results.
- In Control Panel, make sure you use the ‘Icons’ view (small or large). Then select ‘Date and time’.
- In the pop-up window, click ‘Change date and time’.
- On the next page, you can change the date by clicking on the correct date, while the time can be changed with the little up and down arrows below the analog clock. Hit ‘OK’ once you’re done.
Change time and date using PowerShell
- First, open Windows PowerShell in Administrator mode on your PC. To do so, search for ‘powershell’ in the Windows search bar and click Run as administrator.
- In the PowerShell window, you can use a single command to change the date and time at once: Set-Date -Date “dd/mm/yyyy HH:MM AM” or Set-Date -Date “dd/mm/yyyy HH :MM PM” depending on whether it is morning or night.
- For example, we’ll use the following command to set the date to the October 1, 2021 and time at 6:00 pm on our PC with Windows 11: Set-Date -Date “01/10/2021 6:00 pm”. For the 24 hours, then skip the AM / PM setting. Instead, use the following syntax: Set-Date -Date “01/10/2021 18:00”
Final remarks: How to Change Time/Date on Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How to Change Time/Date on Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.