This tutorial is about How to Change Username on Windows 10 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Change Username on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Change Username on Windows 10 PC
If the administrator account you want to change is linked to a Microsoft account, you can change the name of an administrator by going to Settings> Accounts> Your information and then clicking the Manage my Microsoft account option. This will take you to the Microsoft website where you can edit your profile. Make sure to restart your device when you’re done. To rename an administrator in Windows 10:
When you log into your user account on a Windows 10 computer, you can see that your account has a name. You choose this name when you set up your computer, and it is often associated with your Microsoft account. If you have administrator access, you can change the name of your user account. This does not change the name of your home folder, the location where all your files are stored, but the name of your account.
Once you reboot, you will see your new username on the login screen.
- Open the Windows Start menu. You can do this by clicking the button in the lower left corner of your screen in the shape of the Windows logo.
- Then select Settings. This is the gear-shaped icon just above the power button.
- Then click on Accounts.
- Then click on Your Information. You can find this option in the left sidebar.
- Click Manage my Microsoft account. This will take you to the web page for your Microsoft account.
- Then click More Actions. You can find this drop-down menu next to your user account name in the upper left corner.
- Then click Edit Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Then click Edit Name under your current account name.
- Enter the new first and last name you want.
- Enter the Captcha code.
- Then click Save.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to change the administrator name through the advanced control panel
You can also change a user’s account name with the Advanced Control Panel, which can be accessed using certain commands. The option appears when you click Properties for the chosen user.
- Press the Windows key and R simultaneously on your keyboard. This will open the Run command tool.
- Type netplwiz in the Run Command tool.
- Choose the account you would like to rename.
- Then click on Properties.
- Enter a new username in the box under the General tab.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again on the User Account Panel.
Final remarks: How to Change Username on Windows 10 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Change Username on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.