This tutorial is about How to Check and iPad’s Battery Health. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Check and iPad’s Battery Health. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Check and iPad’s Battery Health
IPhone users took advantage of native battery health a while ago, but iPad users have yet to come across such a feature. If you want to know the battery status of your iPad, then you will need to apply alternative solutions. You will need access to a macOS or Windows computer and a third-party app that specializes in various maintenance tasks for devices like the iPad. Fortunately, there are several free and efficient applications. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to check your iPad’s battery status and answer some related questions as well.
How do you get objective information about the status of your battery? There is no mobile app for this, but iMazing has a special battery information window that informs you about the general health of your battery and, if you are interested, it also provides all the technical details.
Checking the battery status of your iPad with cocoBattery
If you want a quick battery health check on your iPad (and do the same for your Mac), coconutBattery can help. This is what to do:
- Download, install and open cocoBattery.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac. If you upgrade to otBattery Plus, you can connect via Wi-Fi.
- The first tab displays information about the battery status of your Mac. Click iOS Device to check the battery status of your iPad.
- CoconutBattery offers valuable current and historical data on your iPad battery, but the key things to check to assess battery health are design capacity and full charge capacity.
- Design capacity is the maximum charge the battery could hold when new, measured in milliamps (mAh). Full load capacity is the current maximum load you can have.
- Other helpful information comes from the Battery Info button, which tells you the brand of the battery, the date of manufacture, and more.
Checking the battery status of your iPad with iMazing
iMazing works similarly to otBattery, but offers even more useful information. This is what to do:
- Download, install and open iMazing.
- Connect your iPad to your Mac or PC.
- Click on your iPad in the left sidebar.
- Click on the battery icon to reveal battery statistics.
- iMazing offers a clear statement on the health of your battery and provides a percentage of the total original charge that your iPad battery can still hold (closer to 100% is better). You can also get additional details on original design charge, current charge, charge cycles, temperature, warnings, and more.
Why check the battery status of your iPad?
If your iPad is over a year old, it is a good idea to check the battery status from time to time. While the iPad battery typically lasts a couple of years at full capacity, then increasingly less charged, some batteries drain faster than others. If the battery condition of your iPad is terrible, you will need to take steps first to prevent your iPad from becoming unusable.
What to do with the bad condition of the iPad battery
If the battery status of your iPad is poor, you have two options:
IPad Battery Replacement:
If your iPad is still under warranty when the battery fails, the cost of replacing the battery will be minimal. Even if it’s not under warranty, you have many options for replacing your iPad battery that may make financial sense for you.
Upgrade to a new iPad:
This is probably your best option if your iPad is a few years old. In fact, a replacement battery will always be less expensive than a new iPad; you must decide if an old iPad is worth spending $ 100 or more.
Final remarks: How to Check and iPad’s Battery Health
I hope you understand this article, How to Check and iPad’s Battery Health. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.