This tutorial is about How To Check if Any AirTag is Tracking Your Location in Android. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How To Check if Any AirTag is Tracking Your Location in Android. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How To Check if Any AirTag is Tracking Your Location in Android
Since Apple released AirTags, the company has improved security to prevent stalking with Bluetooth devices. One of these improvements is that Android phone users have the ability to detect an unknown AirTag when it is near them. AirTags are designed to play a sound when they move away from their owner and also alert iPhone owners when an unknown tag is nearby, but Apple has been criticized for not going far enough with its anti-harassment measures.
AirTags is Apple’s answer to discreet tracking devices like the ones we’ve seen from companies like Tile, but with the added benefit that you can use virtually any modern Apple device to locate tagged items. However, because Apple is Apple, you’ll need an iPhone or iPad to remotely set up and locate AirTags. Below are the steps to check if an AirTag is tracking your location on Android.
How to check if any AirTag is tracking your location on Android
How to search for AirTags on Android using Tracker Detect
- Start by downloading Tracker Detect from the Play Store and then open the app on your Android phone or tablet. From the first screen, press the “Scan” button.
- Your Android device will start searching for AirTags. After several minutes, if there are any nearby, they will be listed on the results page. Tap on one of the unknown AirTags.
- You will now have to wait 10 minutes to make sure the AirTag is close to you and does not leave the general area. After those 10 minutes have passed, you can select the “Play Sound” button.
- If the Tracker Detect app works as desired, it will connect to the AirTag and activate the Bluetooth tracker’s built-in speaker. You can then use sound to help find the hidden AirTag.
How to Manually Scan for Bluetooth Trackers on Android
- To scan or nearby AirTags, you’ll need a Bluetooth scanner app. We use LightBlue, a free Bluetooth scanner app available on the Google Play Store. Install the app on your Android phone, launch it and perform a scan.
- You’ll see all your nearby Bluetooth devices here, from Bluetooth mice and keyboards to headphones and AirTags. If you live in an apartment building or are currently in a public place, be aware that you may see other people’s nearby devices on this list.
- So if you want to make it easier to spot AirTags in the list, it might help to move away from other people’s devices. You’ll have an easier time spotting an AirTag in your bag if you’re in the middle of an empty field than if you’re sitting in the middle of an airport.
- The AirTag will appear as an “Unnamed” device. If you tap on it, you’ll see that the “Manufacturer Specific Data” field says that this particular entry is an Apple device, which is a hint that this particular device could be an AirTag. It could also be another piece of hardware made by Apple, of course.
How to manually find a nearby AirTag
- If you’re pretty sure there’s an AirTag near you, you can use the device’s signal strength displayed in the app to help find it. The closer your phone gets to the AirTag, the more the signal strength meter will fill.
- By moving your phone around, you may be able to get a better idea of where the nearby AirTag is.
Scan the AirTag with NFC
- Once you’ve found the AirTag and it’s in lost mode and tracking, you can scan the white side of the AirTag with NFC to see contact information and a message from the AirTag’s owner. Simply touch the white side of the AirTag to the back of your Android phone (or iPhone).
Final words: How To Check if Any AirTag is Tracking Your Location in Android
I hope you understand this article, How To Check if Any AirTag is Tracking Your Location in Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.