This tutorial is about How to Completely Delete Content and Settings on Mac. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Completely Delete Content and Settings on Mac. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Completely Delete Content and Settings on Mac
If you want to sell or trade your old iPhone or MacBook, you need to delete your personal data from the device. The easiest way to do this is by doing a factory reset. Of course, that is not the only reason why you use the automatic removal features of your devices. Maybe you want to free up valuable iCloud storage space. Or maybe your AirPods or Apple Watch are no longer working well and you think a reboot might be the solution.
In any case, it is important to know how to factory reset your Apple device. And you should factory reset any Apple product before selling or exchanging it, especially if it’s an old iPhone, iPad, or Mac. This is what you need to know.
How to clear all content and settings on Mac
- Click on the Apple symbol in the menu bar and select System Preferences….
- When the preferences panel appears, select System Preferences -> Clear All Content and Settings from the menu bar.
- Enter your administrator password in the Erase Wizard dialog and click OK.
- If you haven’t yet backed up your important data, follow the onscreen Time Machine tips. Otherwise, click Continue.
- Be aware of all settings, data, media, and other items that will be removed. Click Continue if you are sure.
- Click to sign out of your Apple ID, then click Erase all content and settings in the message to confirm.
Final remarks: How to Completely Delete Content and Settings on Mac
I hope you understand this article, How to Completely Delete Content and Settings on Mac. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.