This tutorial is about How to compress videos and reduce file size. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to compress videos and reduce file size. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to compress videos and reduce file size
The video files are large. 1080p video can use up to 10.5GB of storage per minute of footage. Simply storing video files is a logistical nightmare for video producers. Large files also require a lot of bandwidth to send, download, or stream. If you’ve ever experienced buffered video, you know how video file size can negatively affect the viewing experience. For this reason, most videos are compressed to reduce file size before uploading to the Internet.
How to compress a video in Windows
You have several ways to compress a video on Windows PC. Here are three of those ways.
Compress a video by compressing it
ZIP files help you compress and combine your files. You can create an archive file (such as a ZIP or 7Zip file) for your video, which in turn compresses the video. This is how you do it:
- To compress multiple videos, put them all in a single folder on your PC.
- Open that folder, select all the videos you want to compress, right-click on any video, and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Windows will create a new file and save it in the same folder as your videos.
The size of this file containing your videos will be significantly smaller than the size of your original videos.
Compress your video size smaller with the built-in video editor
Windows 10 has a built-in video editor and you can use it to make your videos smaller. There are multiple options to compress videos in this application. This is how it is used:
- Search for the video editor using the Start menu and select the best match.
- Click the + (plus) sign on the New Video Project card to create a new project.
- Click Add and add the video you want to compress.
- Right-click on your video and select Drop to Storyboard.
- Click Finish Video in the upper right corner.
- Choose an option from the Video Quality drop-down menu to compress your video. The lower the resolution you choose, the smaller the resulting video will be. Then press Export.
Reduce Video File Size with VLC Media Player
VLC is not just a media player application. It is more than that. You can use this application to encode your videos using various codecs, and this should help you reduce the size of your videos. This is how you use VLC as a compression tool:
- Open VLC, click on the Media menu at the top and select Convert / Save.
- Click the Add button, add your video file, and hit Convert / Save at the bottom.
- The Profile drop-down menu is what allows you to compress your video file. Click on this menu, choose the profile that best suits the device where you will play this video, select a destination, and click Start at the bottom.
- If you want to change the resolution of the video, or if you want to specify any other settings, you can do so by clicking the wrench icon next to the Profile drop-down menu.
How to reduce video file size on iPhone
You don’t need to transfer the videos from your iPhone to a computer to compress them. There are apps on the official iOS App Store that allow you to shrink your videos right on your iOS device.
Video Compress (free but ad-supported) is one of those applications that allows you to reduce the size of your videos. Just upload your video to the app, choose the appropriate options, and get a reduced version of your video. This is how you do it:
- Launch the app and tap on the red icon in the middle of the screen. Then allow the app to access the content on your phone.
- Tap on one of the videos in your gallery that you want to convert. Then, tap on the check mark at the top.
- On the next screen, drag the slider to specify the compression ratio for your video. Dragging the slider to the left will reduce the size of the video file, but this will affect the quality of the video. Keep a balance and then tap the icon in the upper right corner.
- Let your video compress and then tap Save to save it to the Photos app.
How to compress a video on Android devices
Android devices also have various applications to compress videos. One of these apps is Video Compress, which is free but comes with in-app purchases. Use this application as follows to compress videos directly on your Android device:
- Open the application and allow it to access your files.
- Touch the video whose size you want to reduce and select Compress video.
- The next screen shows various compression options. Tap the one that you agree with and the app will start the compression process.
- Use the Custom tab at the top if you want to configure settings for the process.
Final remarks: How to compress videos and reduce file size
I hope you understand this article, How to compress videos and reduce file size. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.