This tutorial is about How to configure Wake on LAN feature in Windows 11. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to configure Wake on LAN feature in Windows 11. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to configure Wake on LAN feature in Windows 11
Wake on LAN (WoL) is a network functionality that IT staff have been accessing for years. WoL allows you to remotely wake up a remote computer via a “magic” data packet sent from another PC on your network.
The remote PC “listens” while in sleep or hibernation mode for the data packet. If the package is discovered, your PC is activated. This allows easier access to other Windows machines over a network, which means that you don’t have to physically touch the other PC to wake it up and start using it.
If you want to enable Wake on LAN in Windows 11, this is what you need to do.
How to configure Wake On LAN in Windows 11
If you don’t know how to remotely wake up your Windows 11 PC with Wake On LAN, this article will help you. We’ll go over how to enable and activate the Wake On LAN feature, as well as how to configure and use it to remotely wake up your Windows 11 PC.
Enable Wake On LAN in Windows 11
First, you will need to enable the Wake On LAN feature. You can enable Wake On LAN from the BIOS menu. To enable Wake On LAN on your Windows 11 PC, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I to open your PC settings.
- In the settings, go to the Windows Update section of the left sidebar.
- Click recovery in the Windows update section.
- Here you will find advanced startups. Click the restart now button next to the advanced startup option.
- Your PC will restart. On the next screen that opens, select troubleshoot. Next, select advanced options and then select the UEFI firmware configuration option.
- Select the Restart option and you will be directed to the BIOS.
- In BIOS, go to the power settings section.
- Here you will find the Wake On LAN option; allow him.
If your PC does not have an Ethernet port, your PC will not support Wake On LAN. However, you can get a USB A 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter to give your PC Wake On LAN functionality.
Wake On LAN Settings
Next, you will need to configure the Wake On LAN feature on your PC. To configure it, follow the steps below:
- In the start menu, find the control panel and open it.
- In the control panel, go to the network and internet section.
- Now click on Network and Sharing Center and open it.
- In the left sidebar, click Change adapter settings.
- This will show you all the networks you have connected to.
- Now select the active network adapter and right click on it. Click on the properties option.
- In the properties of the network adapter, click the Configure button.
- Now click on the advanced tab and then select wake up in the magic pack.
- Now in the right sidebar, you will see a drop down menu of values. From here, select enabled.
- Then select wake up in magic pattern and enable it. Although this step is optional, you can do it.
- Now select WOL and Shutdown Link speed and set the value to 10 MBps.
- Next, head over to the power management tab.
- Here check the Allow device to wake up the computer option, and then check the Only allow a magic packet to wake up the computer box.
- Once done, click the OK button.
This is how you can configure the Wake On LAN feature. However, if you don’t want to use it, you can disable magic pack activation as you enabled earlier.
Windows 11 PC Remote Activation
Now that you have enabled the Wake On LAN feature and configured it, let’s discuss how you can remotely wake up a Windows 10 PC. Follow the steps below to remotely wake up the Windows 10 PC.
- Download the NirSoft application and install it on your PC.
- After installing the application on your PC, open it and click the Play button to discover all the devices on the network.
- Now right click on the remote computer. Select the Activate selected computers option.
- Now click the yes button. That’s it, and you are done with the process.
- Now the tool will start sending the magic packet to the activation device.
Final remarks: How to configure Wake on LAN feature in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How to configure Wake on LAN feature in Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.