This tutorial is about How to Create and Set Reminders in Slack. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Create and Set Reminders in Slack. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Create and Set Reminders in Slack
Slack is one of the leading instant messaging platforms and one of the best alternatives to Skype. Many users prefer Slack for its superior text formatting and app integration options. Slack also lets you set handy reminders for yourself, an entire channel, or a channel member. Among the numerous messengers, there has recently been another: Slack for corporate communication. The developers call it “Skype Killer” because it has inherited several popular features of this program. Now the messenger is attracting more and more interest in its segment, but potential users want to know more about its features.
Slack allows you to communicate with employees of the same company, taking into account all the basic features of such communication, that’s what this program is, in short. There are public channels to discuss common topics, as well as local groups and the ability to send private messages. In the messenger you can share various files, it is equipped with a convenient search engine, so you can quickly find the materials you need.
It is compatible with the popular cloud storage Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs, Twitter and many other applications. Recurring Reminders are Slack reminders that have a preset date and time and should appear multiple times to remind your team or team members of a task, event, or activity that needs to be done.
How to create a reminder in your Slack workspace
If you have an important deadline to meet or an upcoming work-related meeting, you can set a reminder in Slack. You have the option to create a reminder for yourself, another workspace member, or an entire channel. You can create reminders in Slack whether you’re using your computer or mobile device. We’ll show you how to do it on both devices in our step-by-step tutorials below.
On your computer:
- Launch the Slack desktop app or visit your web browser client and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your channels by clicking on its name on the left side of your screen.
- Click the lightning bolt icon in the message field to access the shortcut menu.
- Type “/remember” and select the command from the menu. Alternatively, you can press the space bar after typing “/remember”.
- Add the message and other details of your reminder in this format: /remind [@someone or #channel] [message] [when].
- Send the message to set the reminder.
On your mobile device:
- Launch the Slack app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your channels in your workspace.
- Tap the lightning bolt icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to access your shortcuts.
- Type “/remind” and select “Set a reminder” in the search results.
- Add the reminder details in this format: /remind [@someone or #channel] [message] [when].
- Hit the Send button to set the reminder.
When you’ve successfully created a reminder, you’ll see a Slackbot post in the channel. This message is only visible to you, so you don’t have to worry about other channel members.
Final remarks: How to Create and Set Reminders in Slack
I hope you understand this article, How to Create and Set Reminders in Slack. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.