This tutorial is about How to Create Custom Highlights on Instagram. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Create Custom Highlights on Instagram. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Create Custom Highlights on Instagram
Instagram Stories Highlights covers are an extraordinary method of keeping your Instagram profile on brand and taking your good taste to the next level. Plus, with the right plan, your covers can generate more prospects for your Featured, creating a meaningful additional broadcast quote for your Instagram Stories content. So on the off chance that you’re hoping to improve your Instagram Stories Featured covers, but aren’t sure where to start, this post is your bit-by-bit guide to progress.
Create custom Instagram highlight covers in less than 5 minutes
Download the Canva app
Open the Canva app and select “Your Story.”
- Open your Canva app. You can see that there are many design templates on the top bar. You can use this application to design covers for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Logo, etc.
- In this case, we want to create an IG story, so select “Your Story” (you may need to scroll to the right before seeing this option)
Choose a blank template and select the background color.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a cover with an icon and a background. Therefore, you will need to select a blank template (the first choice in the search). Once the blank template is loaded,
- Tap on the blank template to start background editing
- At the bottom of the screen, you can choose a background color for your cover: choose a default color or press “+” to use a custom color
- If you have your own color code for your Instagram theme or brand, please enter in the space provided.
Add text or an icon
Then choose an icon, text, or emoji for IG Hightlight skins.
- Press “+” in the lower right corner
- Select “Graphics” to add an icon or “Text” if you want to add text to your cover.
- If you want a specific icon, just type in a keyword and do a search. Or just scroll down to see all available charts
- Choose the icon and select your icon color
Design more covers
If you want to create more covers for your Instagram Highlight, follow the steps below:
- Press the “+” button in the lower right corner of the screen and select “Pages”
- Repeat the process to create more covers.
- To manage your pages, click the icon in the lower left corner as shown below
Save the images to your phone
- Press “Share” in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Quick View” if you are using an iPhone or “Upload to Photos” on Android
- Click on “Preview content”.
- Press the “Export” button in the lower left corner.
- Select “Save Image”
Create Instagram Story
Before adding the cover as an Instagram Featured, you will need to post it as an Instagram Story.
- Open your Instagram app and post your covers to your Instagram story
- After your Insta Story is live, press the “Highlight” button (lower right corner)
- Press “+ New” to create a new highlight. Or add the cover to an existing IG Highlights.
Create Instagram Story Highlights
To create a new Instagram Featured, press “+”
- Enter the name of your new Highlight
- Done. The new Insta Highlight will show up on your Instagram account, just below your profile bio.
- Repeat the same steps to add more Highlight covers
Edit Featured Instagram Cover
- To edit your cover, press and hold your finger on a featured album
- Select “Edit Highlight”
- Select “Edit Cover”
- You can change the size of the cover images. Zoom in to enlarge the image, zoom out if you want to make it smaller.
- There you go! Now you can easily customize the cover of Instagram Story Highlight.
- Plan ahead and choose colors that are suitable for your Instagram theme. And have fun!
How to hide Instagram Featured Covers in Stories?
If you follow the steps above, you will need to share your Cover icon on your Instagram Stories before you can set it as covers for your Featured. Alternatively, you can also set the cover icon directly from your camera roll without sharing it to your Stories.
This is particularly good because no one will be able to see the changes you made every time you upload a new cover to your Instagram Highlight. Here’s how to hide your featured cover on Instagram Story:
- Tap on one of your Instagram highlights.
- Then select “Edit Highlight”.
- Click “Edit Cover” to add a new cover icon directly to Highlight without having to share it on your Instagram story.
- Swipe left and tap the “Image” icon.
- Choose and upload a new featured cover straight from your camera roll.
- Click on “Done”. That’s it, your cover will appear on your Instagram account but not on your Instagram story.
Final remarks: How to Create Custom Highlights on Instagram
I hope you understand this article, How to Create Custom Highlights on Instagram. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.