Mastodon is part of a collection of free, decentralized, and loosely organized server groups called “Fediverse,” short for “Federated Universe.” As Mastodon user DJM kindly pointed out, “It’s called Fediverse because there’s a universe of federated protocols, apps, instances, and tools that talk to each other.” Like Twitter, Mastodon allows users to post, follow people and organizations, and like and repost others’ posts. But while Mastodon supports many of the same social networking features as Twitter, it’s not a single platform. In this article we will try to teach you how to Create Mastodon Account.
Instead, it is a federation of independently operated, interconnected servers. Mastodon servers are based on open source software developed by the German non-profit Mastodon gGmbH. The interconnected Mastodon servers are collectively referred to as “Fediverse” along with other servers that can “talk” to Mastodon servers. Below we have mention the steps to Create Mastodon Account.
How to Download and Create Mastodon Account
- Download and install the Mastodon app from Google Play Store or App Store. One can also open the app on your browser.
- Select the ‘create account’ option.
- Select the preferred type of server. Choose your region and the topic, and click to proceed.
- The platform will display some ground rules. Click the accept option.
- Enter the details, including username, email address, and password.
We hope our article on how to Download and Create Mastodon Account will help you and resolve all your problems. In essence, Mastodon is a decentralized social network that allows users to create their own servers instead of a parent server owned by the platform or a company.
I hope you understand this article, How to Create Mastodon Account.