This tutorial is about How to Disable Background Apps on Windows 11. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Disable Background Apps on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Disable Background Apps on Windows 11
With Windows 11, preinstalled apps and apps you download from the Microsoft Store run in the background to take advantage of additional features. This may include the ability to download data and display notifications even when you’re not using them!
While these features can be very useful in a variety of circumstances, running apps in the background can consume battery power, waste bandwidth, and put pressure on your system. If keeping apps up to date isn’t important to you, Windows 11 has a feature that lets you control which apps can run in the background.
In this article, we will show you various methods to disable background apps in Windows 11. All the methods are easy to do and shouldn’t take much time!
How to disable background apps in Windows 11
How to disable background apps with settings
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Open the Applications tab in the left panel.
- Click Apps & Features in the right pane.
- Find the app you want to change the background permission for.
- Click the three-dot menu next to the app’s name and click Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to the Background app permissions section.
- Click the Allow this app to run in the background dropdown menu and select Never. This should prevent the app from running in the background.
How to disable background apps with power and battery settings
- Press Win + I to open the Settings page.
- On the System tab, scroll down and click Power & Battery.
- Scroll down to the Battery section and click Battery Usage.
- Click the dropdown menu for Battery Levels and select Last 7 Days. Windows will load all apps using battery power in the last seven days.
- To change the background app’s permission, click the three-dot menu next to the app’s name and click Manage background productivity. This option is only available for apps from the Microsoft Store.
- Click the (Power Optimized) drop-down menu in the Background app permissions section and select Never. This will disable the app from running in the background. If you set it to Always, the app will continuously run in the background, regardless of its power state.
- Repeat the steps for all apps that may drain your battery or affect system performance.
Final words: How to Disable Background Apps on Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How to Disable Background Apps on Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.