This tutorial is about How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook
With so many people using Facebook, it’s easy to reconnect with friends and family. You might even find your childhood friend who you haven’t spoken to in 20 years. This can significantly expand your circle of support and give you people to talk to. However, one of the best things about Facebook is that you can choose who you’re friends with. If you want to keep this circle small, you have that option. Although sometimes Facebook feels sorry for you and thinks that you don’t have enough people in your friends list. When that happens, they can make some suggestions, which may make you wonder how to turn off friend suggestions in the Facebook app.
While Facebook’s intentions are in the right place, the people they suggest as your friends may not be everyone you know or want to connect with. You might also think the feature is creepy. Fortunately, there is a way to stop Facebook friend suggestion notifications. Facebook uses its algorithms, your uploaded contact lists, and existing friends to suggest lists of people it thinks you know. You can find some of these people in your News Feed in the People You May Know gallery. However, some users also receive friend suggestions via SMS and email, which can be frustrating when the “person you might know” is someone you’ve never met.
How to disable friend suggestions on Facebook
Here’s how to turn off friend suggestion alerts on Facebook using your Android smartphone:
- Launch the Facebook app on your device and tap the icon with your profile picture to reveal the Menu.
- Scroll down to Settings and tap on it.
- On the Settings page, tap Profile Settings.
- Scroll down to Notifications and touch Notification settings.
- Select People You May Know.
- Toggle the Allow Notifications button on Facebook to opt out of receiving these notifications.
In the net
If you are accessing Facebook on a desktop PC, you can also disable this feature. Here are the steps to turn off the “People You May Know” feature. Sign in to your Facebook account and click the downward triangle icon at the top right.
- Click Settings & Privacy.
- Then click Settings.
- Select Notifications from the menu on the left side.
- Scroll down and click on the People You May Know option.
- You have the option to turn off every notification switch (push, email, and SMS) or completely disable all notifications by turning off the Allow notifications switch on Facebook.
Final remarks: How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook
I hope you understand this article, How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.