This tutorial is about How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 PC. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 PC
Among the many improvements and tips TechRepublic has shown you over the years for Windows 10 is a specific edit to the Windows registry file that disabled the lock screen. This setting blocked the preview screen that Windows 10 and now Windows 11 show before showing the login screen where you enter your authentication credentials. Disabling the lock screen could save users a step to log in, and theoretically save some time and maybe even some hassle that comes with it later in the day.
The procedure for disabling the lock screen in Microsoft Windows 11 is essentially the same as it is for Windows 10, but we’ll go through the process again here to avoid any confusion or mistakes. Many of the settings made to the Windows registry file have been kept in Windows 10, but many others have been restored to their default settings after upgrading to Windows 11. That is why we have to review again the process required to disable the lock screen in windows. eleven
How to disable the lock screen in Windows 11 via group policy
First, we will see how to disable the lock screen via group policy by following the steps below:
- Click the Start button or press the Windows key and type gpedit, then click the first result at the top.
- When the Local Group Policy Editor opens, go to the following path:
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization
- Then double-click Don’t show lock screen.
- When the policies screen appears, click the Enabled option and click Apply and OK at the bottom of the screen.
- Exit Local Group Policy Editor and restart your PC when you’re done.
How to disable the lock screen through the registry in Windows 11
- Click the Start button or press the Windows key, type regedit, then click the top result.
- Click the Start button or press the Windows key, type regedit, then click the top result. Once Registry Editor opens, locate the following path; note that you can copy and paste it into the Registry Editor bar at the top:
- Give the new key Personalization a name and press Enter.
- Next, right-click the customization key you just created and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the DWORD value as Nolockscreen and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Double-click the Nolockscreen key you created and give it a value of 1 before clicking OK.
Final words: How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Disable the Lock Screen on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.