This tutorial is about How to edit Music in iMovie. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to edit Music in iMovie. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to edit Music in iMovie
When it comes to editing music, many beginners are confused and have no idea how to get it right. But whether it’s a standalone audio editing or video production, you need to take care of the music to make the output file look more professional. Do you really want to cut and trim music? Now you can easily do it with a free and easy-to-use audio editing program – iMovie. This default Apple app is designed for macOS and iOS, so you can use it to cut music on Mac and iPhone / iPad / iPod touch. Next, we will show you step by step how to edit music in iMovie.
How to add music to iMovie on an iPhone
- Make your project open on the timeline.
- Navigate to the “Add Media” button, an icon that looks like a plus sign.
- Tap this button to open the menu. From this menu, choose the “Audio” option.
- Then tap “Soundtracks” to see the different built-in music offerings.
- Play a soundtrack to preview it. Not all soundtracks are downloaded. If the track is grayed out, you’ll need to click it to download it before playing it to preview the song.
- To add the chosen soundtrack to the project, click the “Add Audio” icon next to the soundtrack. This icon looks like a small circle with a plus sign placed inside.
- iMovie will automatically import the song, place it at the beginning of the video clip, and adjust it to the length of your project.
How to Add Music to iMovie on a Mac
- Make sure your project is open in iMovie.
- Navigate to the top of the browser and click on “Audio.”
- In the sidebar that opens on the left, find “Sound Effects” and tap on it.
- In some cases, you may need to click the “Media Browser” button to open the browser.
- If you want to preview a song, hover over its selection in the menu. A “Play” button will appear next to the chosen music. Click this button to listen to the song.
- Another way to preview a song is to select it and then click inside the waveform at the top of the media browser. Then when you’re ready to hear the preview, hit the “space bar.”
- Once you’ve found the song you’d like to add to your project, select it and drag it onto your project’s timeline.
- To add the music file to a particular video clip, drag the music file below the clip until a vertical bar appears connecting the video and audio files. Now when you move this video clip, the audio track will move with it.
- If you want to add music from a file on your Mac, click “File” at the top of the screen and select “Import Media.” This selection will open a window allowing you to browse the files on your Mac and add them to your project.
How to add music to iMovie on an iPad
- Open your chosen video project in iMovie on your iPad to have it displayed on the timeline.
- Find the “Add Media” icon on the screen and tap on it.
- Click “Audio” and then “Soundtracks” to explore the different music options available from the menu that is displayed.
- You can test each song by playing it. If a music file has not yet been downloaded, it will appear lighter in color. Tap it to download it first before clicking it to preview the song.
- To add the chosen music to your iMovie video, click the “Add Audio” symbol next to the song.
- iMovie will import the song into your project and place it at the beginning of the reel, stretching the music to cover the length of the video.
- Once this import is complete, you can adjust the duration of the audio clip or add a second.
Final remarks: How to edit Music in iMovie
I hope you understand this article, How to edit Music in iMovie. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.