This blog is about the How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS
In recent years, cookies have become an inseparable part of our browsing experience. These small pieces of data that we leave on certain websites make browsing faster but can also cause privacy concerns for Internet users.
Some users would prefer to permanently disable cookies, even if this means that they cannot access particular websites. If you are one of them and have a Mac computer, each browser has a different method of disabling cookies.
This article explains how to disable cookies in four different browsers.back to menu ↑
How to disable cookies on Mac in Safari
If you are using the Safari web browser, you can turn off cookies in a few simple steps.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click on the Safari tab in the top menu bar.
- Select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Privacy” tab at the top of the “Preferences” screen.
- Click “Always block” in the “Cookies and website data” section. This will disable all cookies on your Safari.
To re-enable cookies, repeat steps 1 to 4 and click on the “Always allow” option.back to menu ↑
How to disable cookies on a Mac in Google Chrome
Google Chrome also offers an easy way to turn off cookies. Follow these instructions:
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on the Chrome tab in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Preferences…” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom of the settings page.
- Open “Content settings”. It should be in the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Select the ‘Cookies’ menu (cookie icon).
- Disable the option “ Allow sites to save and read cookie data ” to disable cookies on Mac.
back to menu ↑
How to disable cookies on a Mac in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox enables all cookies by default. To change these settings, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Firefox.
- Select the “Plus” (hamburger) icon.
- Click on “Options”. A new window should appear.
- Click on the “Confidentiality” tab (mask icon) at the top of the window.
- Click on the bar next to “Firefox will:” in the “History” section. A drop-down menu should appear.
- Choose “Use custom settings for history”.
- Uncheck the option “Accept cookies from sites”.
When you uncheck this option, all third-party cookies will also be disabled. Check the box “Accept cookies from sites” to reactivate cookies.back to menu ↑
How to disable cookies on Mac in the Opera browser
If you are using the Opera browser, disabling cookies follows a similar pattern to Safari and Chrome. Follow these instructions:
- Open Opera.
- Click on the Opera tab at the top of the screen.
- Select “Preferences”.
- Click on “Privacy and Security” on the left side of the window.
- Choose “Block sites from setting data” in the “Cookies” section.
back to menu ↑
Should I deactivate cookies?
Although cookies collect your browsing data, they are inevitably part of your browsing. Since most websites require cookies to be enabled, if you disable cookies completely, you may not be able to access some websites.
All four browsers mentioned have a “Manage Exceptions” button once you open the “Privacy” menu. In this section you can add websites that you visit regularly and disabled cookies will not include them.
However, you will have to do this every time you want to access a website that requires cookies enabled, which can be a frustrating and time-consuming task.back to menu ↑
Not all cookies are sweet
Enabling cookies is generally a harmless process, especially since they are necessary for smooth browsing of the Internet. This is why it is not realistic to completely disable cookies.
However, some websites may collect your data for malicious purposes. Most of these websites are immediately recognized by your browser and you will not be allowed to access them. But some of these sites go under the radar and can cause a lot of problems, such as installing malware on your computer or stealing your personal data.
That is why you should always be careful when visiting untrustworthy websites for the first time. In these situations, it may even be best to turn off cookies until you are sure the website is legitimate.
Have you already disabled your cookies? How do you feel when most websites collect your information through cookies? Share your opinion in the comments section below.back to menu ↑
Benefits: How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS
- The How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS guide is free.
FAQ: How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS
What is this blog about?
How this blog helping you?
back to menu ↑
Blog Conclusion: How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS
If you have any queries regards this blog about the How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog How to Enable/Disable Cookies on MacOS, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.