This tutorial is about How To Enable/Disable Steam Family Sharing. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How To Enable/Disable Steam Family Sharing. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How To Enable/Disable Steam Family Sharing
Steam understands that not everyone can get their hands on the latest games available. Because of this, Steam decided to create a feature that would allow users to share their games with close friends and family. However, it comes with its limitations. When you share a library, the person you share it with can download and play your games on their computer. If there’s a game gathering dust in your Steam library that your friend or family member has been eyeing for a while, maybe you recommended a game and someone strongly indicated that they’d like to borrow it… Well, all of that is possible now that Steam makes it possible. share your games with Steam Family Sharing. Steam Family Sharing allows you and your friends and family to share games together while keeping your accounts separate.
With Steam’s easy-to-use feature, you, your friends and family can play each other’s games while earning your own achievements and saving your own game progress via the Steam Cloud. To enable Family Sharing and authorize a shared library, you and anyone you want to share your games with must first enable Steam Guard. That could be fixing bugs in the game or offering new Steam features to make your life easier. The final step towards the best user experience is the Steam Family Sharing feature.
How to enable/disable Steam Family Sharing
First of all, enable Steam Guard security
It is a necessary step before we can allow family sharing and it must be carried out. Follow the given steps and you will be able to do it smoothly:-
- Tap “Steam” in the Steam app. You will find this at the top of the app.
- From the drop down list of options, select “Settings”.
- Next, tap on “Account”.
- Also, click “Manage Steam Guard Account Security”.
You will get two options here. They are:
- “Get Steam Guard codes from the Steam app on my phone.”
- “Get Steam Guard codes via email (will require re-login).”
Steps to enable Steam Family Sharing
It’s really simple once you follow our mentioned steps. So, do a careful reading and you will handle it very easily. Here we go:
- First of all, keep in mind that your account needs to be accessed once from your family’s or friends’ PC or laptop. So either give them the
- password or login yourself.
- Again, click “Steam” on the installed Steam app.
- Again, click on “Settings”.
- Under “Account”, you will see the “Family” option.
- Somewhere in the middle of the page, you’ll now see an option to “Authorize library sharing on this computer.”
- Tap “Ok” now and log out.
- Sign in from your friend or family member’s Steam account and they will now be able to play the games that were originally in their library.
Final remarks: How To Enable/Disable Steam Family Sharing
I hope you understand this article, How To Enable/Disable Steam Family Sharing. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.