This tutorial is about How to Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India
Tired of unnecessary company or sales calls? And if you want to get rid of it, you should think about activating DND. Do Not Disturb or Do Not Disturb is an initiative by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of India to protect telecom customers from unwanted calls and text messages. If a Jio, Airtel, Vodafone, BSNL, Idea or Vi user registers their phone number for DND service, it is illegal for telemarketers to send unsolicited calls and SMS to these numbers. They use Airtel, Jio, BSNL and Vi numbers. If you are being harassed by incoming spam calls from telemarketers, promoters, etc. to advertise or sell various products then the best option we have is to block that particular phone number and almost all smartphones have this feature.
However, when you get a lot of those calls, blocking each phone number for you can become a tedious task that can never be completed. TRAI or the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of India has made it mandatory for telecom providers in India to offer Do Not Disturb (DND) services to users so that they can block and get rid of all business calls at once. The process of enabling DND is different for each telecom provider. Once you enable DND for your number, you will no longer receive spam messages on your device.
How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India
Enable DND on Reliance Jio
- To activate DND on your Jio number, please follow the steps below:
- Download the MyJio app for Android and iOS.
- Open the app and sign in with your Jio number.
- Click on the three-line menu in the upper left corner.
- Click on ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Do Not Disturb’.
- You can activate ‘Full DND’ or stop messages from specific sectors such as banking, health, real estate, etc.
- Finally, click ‘Submit’.
Enable DND on Airtel
To activate DND on your Airtel number, follow the steps below:
- First, go to the DND page on the Airtel website.
- Now, scroll down and click ‘Click Here’ under the Airtel Mobile Services section.
- Enter your mobile phone number and click ‘Get One Time Password’.
- Like Jio, you can stop promotional messages from all sectors or choose specific sectors such as banking, real estate, and more.
- Finally, click ‘Submit’.
Activate DND on Vodafone Idea
- While Vodafone and Idea have now merged to form Vodafone Idea, you will still need to activate DND depending on your telecom carrier.
- First, go to the Vodafone or Idea DND page depending on your SIM.
- Now, enter your number and click ‘Send OTP’.
- Enter the OTP.
- Enter the required details such as your name and email.
- Select full DND or select the industries you want to stop receiving promotional messages from.
- Finally, click submit.
Enable DND in BSNL
- Send “start dnd” to 1909 from your BSNL number instead of “start 0” as is the case with other operators.
- You will then receive a message with a list of options. Now text block p1 in the same thread to select the category you want to block. Also, please submit block 1, block 2, block 3, etc., to turn on DND for all relevant categories. For example, send block 1 if you do not want to receive telemarketing calls from banks and financial institutions. You will receive a message that your number will be added to the DND list shortly.
- You can now choose a ‘Mode’ to block a particular mode of communication. That is, you can stop text messages, voice calls, auto dialer, robocalls, etc. For that, send block p2 to 1909 and choose the option you prefer. In case you were wondering, block 10 will stop all types of telemarketing communications.
Final remarks: How to Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India
I hope you understand this article, How to Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.