This tutorial is about How to Enable the Delete Confirmation Message in Windows 11 PC. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Enable the Delete Confirmation Message in Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Enable the Delete Confirmation Message in Windows 11 PC
By default, Windows 11 does not display a delete confirmation dialog message when you delete a file. Instead, the file or folder is immediately moved to the Trash. While this seems like a quick way to delete your files, it’s not perfect. It may happen that you accidentally move something to the trash. Fortunately, Windows 11 includes a feature that you can configure, which will bring up a delete confirmation dialog. Enabling it will add one more step to the wiping process, helping you avoid accidental file deletion.
The files you delete on Windows 11 PCs are deleted without a deletion confirmation. The default setting moves the file selection to the recycle bin. Users can recover accidentally deleted files from the Recycle Bin if it has not been manually or automatically emptied yet.
Windows 11 has options to enable delete confirmation dialogs. They appear when the user deletes files or folders, for example by right-clicking files in File Explorer and selecting the delete option, or by using the keyboard’s Delete key while selecting files or folders.
How to enable delete confirmation message on Windows 11 PC
It is very simple to enable or activate delete confirmation dialog in Windows 11. Just complete the following steps:-
- Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on the Windows 11 desktop and select Properties from the available options.
- In the Recycle Bin Properties window that opens after completing the steps above, select a drive and then check the “Show delete confirmation dialog” checkbox.
- Now, click the Apply button and then OK.
- After completing the above steps, Windows 11 PC will display a delete confirmation dialog when you delete a file or folder.
- If you really want to delete a file/folder, you need to press the Yes button to move them to the Recycle Bin.
Final words: How to Enable the Delete Confirmation Message in Windows 11 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Enable the Delete Confirmation Message in Windows 11 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.