This tutorial is about How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files
An EXE file is an executable program that you can run on Microsoft Windows. Most EXE files contain Windows applications or application installers. However, EXE files can also contain malware distributed by cybercriminals, so you should only open an EXE file if you trust the source of the file. To run the program, which includes an EXE file, double-click the file. EXE is the main format used by software developers to package and deploy Windows programs. Each EXE file contains data that Windows uses to recognize, read, and run the program contained in the file.
This data is stored in a compiled binary format, sometimes referred to as machine code. EXE files often also contain additional program resources, such as the program’s icon and its graphical user interface elements. This article is about extracting icons from an EXE file. So if you are looking for ways to extract an icon from the Windows setup file, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will share the best method to extract icons from Windows EXE file. So let’s take a look.
How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files
- First of all, download and install IconViewer app on your Windows 10.
- Once done, right-click on the app whose icons you want to extract. Select ‘Properties’ from the context menu.
- In the app properties, select ‘Open file location’
- This will take you to the installation folder. Right click on the ‘application.exe’ file and select ‘Properties’
- Underneath the app properties, you’ll find a new ‘Icons’ section.
- Click on that and select the icon you want to extract. Once done, click the ‘Save’ button, as shown on the screenshot.
- When the ‘Save As’ dialog box appears, choose the location where you want to save.
Final remarks: How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files
I hope you understand this article, How to Extract Icons from Windows EXE Files. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.