This tutorial is about How to Find Elevation on a Google Maps on iPhone. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Find Elevation on a Google Maps on iPhone. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Find Elevation on a Google Maps on iPhone
Google Maps has revolutionized the way people get from point A to point B and even discover new places. The many features of Google Maps include options to view terrain and elevation so that people in mountainous areas can get a better idea of the elevation of the area they are exploring. Users can activate the off-road feature of Google Maps using a desktop computer or mobile device. Note that Google Maps does not report elevation for all areas; only naturally mountainous lands have an elevation option.
One of the lesser known functions is the terrain and elevation information. This view of a hilly or mountainous area gives a much better idea of what the area actually looks like. This is especially useful when traveling in a mountainous area. But few know how to make Google Maps show this view.
How do I find the elevation of an address?
If you are going hiking or sightseeing, it is always a good idea to have an idea of the altitude, especially if you are heading into mountainous terrain. Knowing the slope of your route is also helpful. Fortunately, you can find all this information on Google Maps. Here’s how to find elevation on Google Maps in a web browser:
- Enter a location in the search bar. For example, you can search for a specific address or a general area.
- Mouse over the Layers icon in the lower left corner of the map.
- Select the Terrain icon.
- In the Terrain pop-up at the bottom of the map, select the toggle switch to activate elevation view. The switch should be blue.
- Zoom in using the plus sign (+) in the lower right corner to see the contour lines and elevation. The elevation in feet (ft) should appear faintly along the contours.
How do I see the elevation in Google Maps on iPhone?
Follow these steps to view the elevation in the Google Maps app for iPhone and Android:
- Enter an address or general location in the search bar.
- Touch Layers in the upper right corner of the map.
- Choose Terrain from the pop-up menu, then tap the X in the search bar to close the menu.
- Zoom in to see the elevation in feet (ft) that appears faintly along the contour lines.
Final remarks: How to Find Elevation on a Google Maps on iPhone
I hope you understand this article, How to Find Elevation on a Google Maps on iPhone. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.