This tutorial is about How to find lost iOS device. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to find lost iOS device. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to find lost iOS device
Apple’s Find My app has been an extremely valuable (and reassuring) feature, allowing you to find a lost (or stolen) phone so you can get it back (or contact the specialists, in case it’s safer). With the extension of Find My to a variety of different items, particularly through Apple’s AirTags, it has become significantly more valuable.
Also, since iOS 15 has the ability to find your phone regardless of whether the battery has run out or turned off, in the event you have the right phone, the Find My utility has become significantly more prominent.
Use Find My App to track your lost iPhone
As always, use the Find My app to track your lost iPhone. The only major change is that you will now be able to track your iPhone even when it is turned off or erased.
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone and tap on the “Devices” tab at the bottom.
- Now, select the device whose location you want to view. Now the Find My network will show you the current location of your device.
Use your friend’s iPhone to find your lost iPhone even when it’s off / erased
What if you don’t have another iPhone or MacBook to track the lost iPhone? Don’t bother as you can also use your friend’s iPhone to locate your lost iOS device.
- Open the Find My app on your friend’s iPhone and go to the “Me” tab.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the “Help a friend” link. After that, log into your iCloud account with your Apple ID and password. After logging into your account, select the lost iPhone you want to track to find its current location.
Use iCloud to find your lost iPhone even when it’s off / factory reset
You can also use the iCloud website to track your lost iPhone even if it has been turned off or does not have enough battery backup. The process is simple, so follow the steps below:
- Open a browser and go to icloud.com.
- Now, log into your account and click on “Find iPhone”.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password again to continue.
- On the next page, you should find the current location of your lost iPhone.
Track your iPhone location even if it is turned off or factory reset
- Well that’s it! This is how you can track the location of your lost iPhone even when it is turned off or erased. While Find My has always been useful, it has never looked more powerful in combating smartphone theft.
- The ability to allow users to track location even when their device is turned off or has been rebooted can be helpful in finding a lost iPhone.
- More importantly, it will also go a long way in reducing theft of iPhones. With that said, we also suggest that you check out other new privacy-oriented features in iOS 15.
- Includes new Mail Privacy Protection, Private Relay feature as part of new iCloud + subscription, and more. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.
Final remarks: How to find lost iOS device
I hope you understand this article, How to find lost iOS device. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.