This tutorial is about How to Find Serial Number of your Hard Drive on Windows 10. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Find Serial Number of your Hard Drive on Windows 10. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Find Serial Number of your Hard Drive on Windows 10
In Windows 10, there can be many reasons why you need to find out certain details (such as serial number, model, firmware version, etc.) about your computer’s hard drive. For example, if you need to contact technical support for troubleshooting or to get a replacement drive. You are planning to build an array and want to ensure that the new drives are the same make and model.
Or you may be creating a detailed inventory of your devices, need to update firmware and more. Of course, much of this information can be found on the label attached to the unit. If the drive is already installed on your computer, you can save yourself a lot of steps and hassle by getting the details you need by using the Windows Management Interface Command (wmic) tool with Command Prompt available in Windows 10.
How to find the serial number of your hard drive in Windows 10
Find the serial number using the WMIC command
- Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- At the command prompt screen, type wmic diskdrive get serialnumber and press the Enter key on your computer keyboard.
- In addition to the serial number, you can get the hard drive’s model number and manufacturer’s name by typing wmic diskdrive get model, name, serialnumber and pressing the enter key.
- Once the command is executed, you will find the serial numbers of the hard drives attached to your computer.
Find the serial number using PowerShell
- Right-click Start and click PowerShell (Admin).
- At the PowerShell screen, type Get-WMIObject win32_physicalmedia | Format-List Tag, SerialNumber and press the Enter key.
- Once the command is executed, you will see both the label (name) and the serial number of the internal hard drive on your computer.
Find the serial number on the label attached to the hard drive
For this option, you need to open the computer case or the back of your laptop and look at the label attached to the physical hard drive. The serial number must be written directly below the QR code as S/N: XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXX.
Scan QR code
If the serial number on the label attached to the hard drive is not readable, you can scan the QR code printed on the label. The QR code usually contains all the information needed to verify the warranty of the hard drive, including the serial number.
Final remarks: How to Find Serial Number of your Hard Drive on Windows 10
I hope you understand this article, How to Find Serial Number of your Hard Drive on Windows 10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.