This tutorial is about How to find your Android with Google’s Find My Device. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to find your Android with Google’s Find My Device. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to find your Android with Google’s Find My Device
In fact, phones are an essential part of our lives and there is the possibility that you will lose your device while traveling, or forget it in a store or in a taxi. Although, if you have an Android phone, you can use the Find My Device feature to find your phone. To find your phone’s location with the help of this feature, two things need to be activated, first it’s the feature itself and then Google’s Location Services. Also, the phone must be turned on and you must sign in to a Google account. Remember, some Android models offer a different application, such as Samsung has the “Find My Mobile” application.
Find my device feature
Find My Device is a Google function in some of the Android phones to locate and access the lost or misplaced mobile.
To use the Find My Device feature on an Android phone to lock and erase a lost phone:
- Lost phone must be on
- The Find My Device function must be activated
- You need to log into the Google account on the lost phone
- The lost mobile must have a mobile data connection or Wi-Fi
- Location must be enabled to locate the device
When you log into your Google account, by default, the “Find my device” feature is enabled on your phone. To check it on your phone, follow the steps;
- Head to Settings on your phone
- Next, go to Location & security and find the Find my device option.
Alternatively, you can also go to the Security tab in the Security app and locate the Find my device option. If it is not enabled, you can turn it on by sliding the switch.
If you can’t find this built-in feature on your phone, you can easily download and install Google’s Find My Device app from the Google Place Store. To make sure location tracking is enabled on your device, go to Location in Settings on your phone.
Locate your lost phone using Find My Device
Suppose now that you cannot locate your phone, you can easily use the Find My Device feature of the Google search page to locate your phone.
- Log into the same Google account that is being used for your lost phone.
- Go to the Google search page and type “Find My Device”.
- You may need to give Google permission to access location data to find your device.
- Use the menu on the left on the ‘Find my device’ website on Google to ring a device (if you’ve lost it at home), lock the phone, or erase the contents of the phone as a last resort.
- You can also use the link to go to the Find My Device page, which will display information about your phone: the name of your phone, the current battery charge, and the last location of your phone.
Once you can get information about your phone, you can decide what action to take depending on the last location of your phone, whether or not you can reach it. You can select any of the three alternatives from the menu on the left of the screen.
- You can play the sound on your phone for five minutes to locate it if you are nearby.
- As a second alternative, you can lock your phone and log out of your Google account; so your information doesn’t get into the wrong hands until you get it back.
- The last alternative is to erase the contents of the device. This option is useful when you are sure the phone was stolen and cannot be recovered now. After erasing the device, you will not be able to track it.
Preparation is the key
Set up a secure lock screen
Activate password or fingerprint authentication for your smartphone right now. Make sure you don’t use facial recognition on your Android phone, as the facial recognition software used on most Android devices (except Google’s Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL) has several loopholes and can even be fooled by your photo. .
Setting a lock screen message with a contact number can also come in handy when you lose your phone. Studies have shown that if your lost or misplaced mobile phone had an alternate number in the lock screen message, it was more likely to be returned to the owners.
- To easily set the lock screen message:
- Go to the device settings app
- Go to the lock screen.
- Tap on the ‘Contact Information’ option.
- Enter your contact details and then tap Save.
Final remarks: How to find your Android with Google’s Find My Device
I hope you understand this article, How to find your Android with Google’s Find My Device. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.