This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Apex Legends Won’t Launch on PC’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Apex Legends Won’t Launch on PC’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘Apex Legends Won’t Launch on PC’ Issue
Apex Legends is one of the newer battle royale games out there right now. It’s arguably the newest title to keep up with Fortnite and PUBG as well. However, Apex Legends has a long way to go before it can surpass these games. One of the things that the game needs to improve is stability. After almost three years since its release, many Apex Legends players still suffer from unexpected problems from time to time. While bugs and glitches cannot be completely eliminated, there is still plenty of room for EA to reduce problems in the game.
If you are reading this, you are probably having a hard time getting started with Apex Legends. Usually this problem is caused by faulty or corrupted installation files in the game. However, it could also be due to incorrect system settings, faulty display drivers, or an outdated version of the game.
Fix ‘Apex Legends won’t launch on PC’ issue
Install the latest patch
Game developers are always releasing patches to improve their games and fix any issues, so check for your game updates on Origin or the official website. Then install the latest patch to keep it up to date. This can fix some issues, such as Apex Legends not launching.
Try Repair Game on Origin
If Apex Legends won’t launch on your computer, you can fix the game issue with the Repair Game feature on Origin. This is what you can do:
- Open the Origin client and go to My Game Library.
- Go to Apex Legends and right click on it. Then select Repair.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish it.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch Apex Legends and check if it works properly.
Run Apex Legends as an administrator
If Apex Legends doesn’t start when you open it normally, you can try running it as administrator.
- Type Apex Legends in the search box on your desktop and right-click Apex Legends to select Run as administrator.
- Accept UAC if prompted.
- Check if Apex Legends starts properly.
If Apex Legends is successful at launch, this should be your solution. Then you can configure your application settings by following these steps:
- Type Apex Legends in the search box on your desktop and right-click Apex Legends to select Open file location.
- File Explorer opens. Right-click on Apex Legends .exe and click Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab. Then check the box next to Run this program as administrator and click Apply.
- Save your changes.
Update your graphics card driver
Missing or outdated device drivers on your computer can cause your game to not start, especially the graphics card driver. To rule it out as the cause of your problem, you need to check that your drivers are up to date and update any that are not. There are two ways to update your drivers: manually and automatically.
- Manually Update Drivers – You can go to the device manufacturer’s website, find the latest version of its driver, then manually download and install it on your computer. This takes time and computer skills.
- Update Drivers Automatically – If you don’t have time or patience, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Allow connections through Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is likely blocking Apex Legends, and that is why Apex Legends will not start normally. You need to check and make sure Apex Legends connections are allowed through Windows Firewall.
- Open the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click Windows Firewall (or Windows Defender Firewall).
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change settings. In the list of allowed apps and features, scroll down and see if Apex Legends is there.
- If Apex Legends is there, make sure to allow it through Windows Firewall by checking the Domain, Private, and Public box.
- If Apex Legends isn’t there, click Allow another app.
- Click Browse to select Apex Legends and then click Add.
- Make sure to allow Apex Legends on Domain, Private, and Public.
- Save the settings and restart your computer.
Reinstall your game
If none of the above methods worked for you, you should try uninstalling Apex Legends and the Origin app and reinstalling them. Then check if you can start this game.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Click Origin and Apex Legends respectively, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall Origin and Apex Legends on your computer.
- Reinstall Origin and Apex Legends.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Apex Legends Won’t Launch on PC’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Apex Legends Won’t Launch on PC’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.