When attempting to launch one, multiple, or all programmes contained within the Microsoft Office suite, some users are reportedly encountering the ‘Microsoft setup bootstrapper had stopped working’ error. This problem has been reported on multiple Windows versions (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10) and has been confirmed to occur in conjunction with multiple Microsoft Office versions (2013, 2016, 2019) The BootStrapper is responsible for the initialization of an application built with the Composite Application Library in Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, and 2019. This relatively new technology was created to reduce the number of dependencies required during the installation process. This article is about how to Fix “Bootstrapper Has Stopped Working” Error in Windows 11.
The bootstrapper software is used to initialise an app written with the Composite Application Library in Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, and 2019. During the installation process, it reduces the number of dependencies. Don’t be concerned if you encounter the Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working error. Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper is a Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, and 2019 component that is used to launch an application created with the Composite Application Library.
Unfortunately, some users are encountering the “Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working” error message in Windows when attempting to instal specific programmes, such as Microsoft Office Suite applications. There is no single culprit, so this could be caused by a variety of factors. The goal of this cutting-edge technology is to make the installation process as simple as possible. Bootstrapper.exe is a Microsoft Office executable file.
It is in charge of the initialization of applications created with the Composite Application Library. It is a relatively new technology that is used to reduce the number of dependencies required during installation processes. Below we have mention the steps to resolve “Bootstrapper Has Stopped Working” Error in Windows PC. If the problem still troubling you then you may go to their official site for more fixes.
Ways to Fix Bootstrapper Has Stopped Working Error in Windows 11
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
- Type appwiz.cpl in the box, and then press OK
- In the Programs and Features window, find any third-party antivirus software installed on your computer, right-click it and select Uninstall
- Follow the prompts to remove the software from your computer
Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Open Windows fil explorer.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your Office setup file
- Right-click the Office setup.exe file and select Show more options > Troubleshoot compatibility issues
- Select Test recommended settings to apply a test run
- Press the Test program button
- Click the Continue option of the troubleshooter
- Select the Yes, save these settings option if the setup wizard had no problems testing it
- After troubleshooting, try installing Office again.
Re-enable Task Scheduler
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously on keyboard to open the Run dialog box
- Type regedit and click OK
- Navigate to the following registry key in the Registry Editor:
- Select the Schedule button in the left sidebar
- Double-click the Start DWORD
- Type 2 in the Value Data for Startup DWORD field, and then click OK to finish
- Close the registry editor
- Restart Windows PC.
Remove the AppCompactFlag Registry Key
- Right-click the AppCompatFlags key and select Export for backup purposes
- Choose a folder to save the exported key and click Save
- Right-click the AppCompatFlags key and select Delete
- In the confirmation window, click the Yes button to delete the key and its subkeys
- Close the registry editor
- restart computer.
Open Setup.exe in Compatibility Mode
- Locate the Setup.exe file for the version of Office you want to install
- Right-click the Setup.exe file and select Properties
- Switch to the Compatibility tab
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box and select the appropriate Windows version
- Click Apply and OK
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to run it in compatibility mode.
Causes of Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper Has Stopped Working
It is possible to encounter the Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working error while attempting to launch programmes from the Microsoft Office suite, and there are a number of possible causes for Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.
- Communication between the installer and the MS servers is blocked by third-party antivirus software.
- The registry keys or installation files are corrupted.
- The conflict with the IObit software.
- Task Scheduler is disabled in Registry Editor.
- The update process is interrupted by AppComparFlags.
- The Office installation is incompatible with the Windows version.
That’s it with our article. However, while launching a programme or more than one programme inside the Microsoft Office Suit, you may some times encounter an error that says “Microsoft setup boots-trapper had stopped working”. This error can be seen on all Windows versions, including Windows 7/8, as well as other MS Office versions, including 2013/2016/2019. The error can occur for a variety of reasons, including a third-party antivirus blocking the installer, corrupted registry keys, disabled Task Scheduler, and so on.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix “Bootstrapper Has Stopped Working” Error in Windows 11.