This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Couldn’t Communicate with Google Home Error’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Couldn’t Communicate with Google Home Error’ Issue. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘Couldn’t Communicate with Google Home Error’ Issue
I’ve been using my Google Home Mini for a while now, enjoying every part of the experience. One day I tried to change the device’s Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately, I kept getting the same error message, “Could not communicate with your Google home page.” Nothing can be more frustrating than your Google Home not working when you need it most. After all, for a truly hands-free experience, you wouldn’t need to repair the device every few hours. Well, as with everything else, Google seemed to have all the answers I needed, and I have selected them here for you.
What to do when you get this Google Home Mini error message
The error message “Could not communicate with your Google Home Mini” can be caused by several factors. These range from minor glitches with your Wi-Fi network and router to misconfiguration on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Here’s how to fix this annoying Google Home Mini bug. We list these steps in order of difficulty and recommend working them in that order. After all, you don’t want to waste time doing something like resetting the router and then finding out that all you had to do was turn on your phone’s Bluetooth.
- Make sure you are using the Google Home app. Unlike basic wireless speakers that you can connect to through your device’s general Bluetooth settings, Google Home devices require the use of the Google Home app, which you need to install on an Android smartphone or tablet or on a iPhone or iPad.
- Check your Wi-Fi. Make sure your Wi-Fi network is working by trying to access it on one of your other devices.
- Turn on your smartphone’s Wi-Fi. Make sure Airplane mode is off and your tablet or mobile Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Check the minimum requirements for your device. Your iPhone or iPad must be running at least iOS 12.0 or later, while your Android device must have at least Android 6.0 installed.
- Update the Google Home app on your iOS or Android device. If there are any compatibility issues, an app update might fix it.
- Bring your Google Home Mini closer to your internet router. Google Home Mini may be out of range of your Wi-Fi network.
- Move other wireless devices away from your Google Home Mini. They may be causing connectivity conflicts.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on other devices. If you have an older internet router, you may have a hard time connecting to multiple devices at the same time.
- Use only the power supply that came with your Google Home Mini. If you are using a different cable or connecting it to something other than an electrical outlet, it may not be receiving enough power to function properly.
- Unplug your internet router and Google Home Mini for five minutes and then turn them on again. Doing this allows both devices to reestablish their internet and wireless connections and could fix whatever issues you’ve been experiencing.
- Delete the current Wi-Fi network from the Google Home app, and then add Google Home to Wi-Fi again. This can be useful if you have recently changed your Wi-Fi password.
- Factory reset your Google Home Mini by pressing the small button next to the power cord for about 15 seconds. You should hear a beep to indicate that the factory sleep process has started. Once completed, set up your Google Home Mini just like you did when you first received it.
- Enable the 2.4 GHz band option if you have a dual band router.
- Try these advanced internet router settings.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Couldn’t Communicate with Google Home Error’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Couldn’t Communicate with Google Home Error’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.