DEV Error 11642 mostly occurs when trying to play in a custom lobby or practicing with bots. In some scenarios, you may see DEV error 292 instead of 11642. This can often be caused by your in-game FPS settings or an inconsistency in your internet connection. If you try to start a private game, you may also come across the DEV error 401. In this article we will try to teach you how to Fix DEV ERROR 11642 in Call of Duty MW2.
Activision’s newly released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 didn’t get off to the best start. The game initially suffered from numerous technical issues and bugs that spoiled the experience for many fans. Although most issues have been resolved, some issues remain. Players are now reporting a common “Developer Error 11642” that occurs when players attempt to set up a custom private match lobby.
3 Ways to Fix DEV ERROR 11642 in Call of Duty MW2
Verify and Repair Game Files
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II game.
- Now click on OPTIONS (gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Select Start Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- When finished, close the Battle.net Launcher and restart your PC.
- Open the Steam client on the PC and log into the account.
- Go to Library > Right click on the game COD MWII.
- Click Properties > Click the Local Files tab.
- Click Check integrity of game files…
- Now wait for the process to complete and close the Steam client.
- Restart the PC for the changes to take effect.
Set On-Demand Texture Streaming
- Open the COD Modern Warfare II game.
- Select the gear icon in the top-left corner.
- Go to the Settings tab > Head over to the Graphics section.
- Turn On the On-Demand Texture Streaming option in the Details and Textures panel.
- Reduce the Texture Cache Size to Medium or Small.
Run MWII in Safe Mode
You should try to run COD Modern Warfare II game in safe mode because trying to play private game you may get mentioned developer error. In this scenario, the game may crash and show you a message that says “The game quit unexpectedly and you want to run it in safe mode”. In this case, select Yes to run the game in safe mode the next time you start the game.
That’s it with our article on methods to Fix DEV ERROR 11642 in MW2. When trying to play private matches in CoD MW2 you may get development error 11642, 401 or 292 and need a fix for it. This is a notorious bug as it prevents you from launching private games.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix DEV ERROR 11642 in Call of Duty MW2.