Your PC’s Euro Truck Simulator 2 may be lagging for a variety of reasons. It can be caused by a game bug, out-of-date drivers, corrupted game files, or even problems with compatible hardware. You can drive your truck to several cities in Europe in the simulation game known as Euro Truck Simulator 2. As you carry your cargo to its final location, you can take in the beautiful scenery and interesting historical sites of each city. This article is about how to Fix Euro Truck Simulator 2 Keeps Lagging.
Your goal is to expand your company, and in order to accomplish this, you will need to construct garages, hire drivers, and establish your own truck fleet. One of the problems you could run into when playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam is persistent lagging. This issue will become apparent when the game lags, stutters, loses frame rate, or even freezes. The delay between the user’s activity and the server’s or computer’s response is the cause of this problem.
4 Ways to Fix Euro Truck Simulator 2 Keeps Lagging Issue
Update Graphics Drivers
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Restart PC.
Use Launch Options
- Open your Steam client > Go to Library > Right-click on the Euro Truck Simulator 2.
- Select Properties > On the General tab, you’ll find Launch Options.
- Enter the launch options -fullscreen = Forces the engine to start in fullscreen mode.
Run the game as an administrator
- Right-click on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Set High Priority in Task Manager
- Select Task Manager by performing a right-click on the Start Menu.
- Right-click the game job for Euro Truck Simulator 2 under the Processes tab.
- Select High for Set Priority.
- Shut down Task Manager.
- Run Euro Truck Simulator 2 once more to see whether the problem persists.
So here we conclude our article on methods to fix Euro Truck Simulator 2 Keeps Lagging Issue. Don’t freak out if Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2) on your PC begins randomly crashing while you’re playing! Many different things might cause a game to crash, and because every player has different hardware and game settings, it’s frequently difficult to pinpoint the root cause.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Euro Truck Simulator 2 Keeps Lagging.