This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Firefox Add-Ons Not Working on PC’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Firefox Add-Ons Not Working on PC’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘Firefox Add-Ons Not Working on PC’ Issue
Add-ons allow you to customize Firefox with additional features. You can download add-ons to compare prices, check the weather, customize the appearance of Firefox, listen to music, and even update your Facebook page.
Failure to install an extension may be due to problems with the extension, Firefox settings, or the version of Firefox you are using. This page discusses the various reasons for installation problems, as well as what you can do to fix them.
How to fix it
Plugin is not supported
If your installed version of Firefox does not fit within that range, the plugin installation results in an error, indicating that the plugin is not supported. If your version of Firefox is incompatible with the plugin, you can:
- Update to the latest version of Firefox. For more information, see Update Firefox to the latest version.
- Find a version of the plugin that is compatible with your version of Firefox. The Firefox add-on website generally has the most up-to-date version of each add-on.
- Use a different extension. For many extensions, there are similar extensions that provide the same functionality. For more information, see Firefox Add-ons.
- Contact the plugin author on the support site listed on their plugins page.
Firefox has prevented this site from installing an unverified plugin
Firefox protects you against malware and browser hijackers by blocking third-party add-ons that are not digitally signed and verified by Mozilla.
Plugin is at high risk of causing stability or security issues and cannot be installed
Mozilla has blocked some add-ons for being unsafe.
Firefox prevented the site from asking you to install software
By default, Firefox allows you to install add-ons only from trusted websites. If the website you are installing the plugin from is not in the list of trusted websites, a yellow bar appears at the top of the web page with a message similar to the following:
To allow the site, click Allow in the yellow bar.
To add the site to the list of trusted sites:
- Click the menu button and select.
- Select the panel and go down to the Permissions section.
- To the right of Warn you when sites try to install add-ons, click Exceptions….
- At Allowed Websites: Plugin Installation dialog box, the list of allowed sites is displayed. The URL of the current site is inserted into the text field.
- To allow the site, click Allow. Then click Save changes.
- Close the About preferences page: All changes you have made will be saved automatically.
You are prompted to download the plugin, rather than install it.
Some websites offer add-ons as downloads, requiring you to download the file to your computer before installing it.
- These files are usually .xpi or .jar files.
- Download the file to your local computer.
- Click the menu button , click and select.
- To add the downloaded plugin to the list of available plugins, drag and drop the file into the Plugins window. The plugin is added to the list.
- The installation process should begin.
Corrupt extension files
1.Open your profile folder:
- Click the menu button , click and select. the Troubleshooting information the tab will open.
- Under the App basics Next to Profile Folder, click Open Folder. Your profile folder will open.
2.Click on the Firefox menu and select.
3. Delete the following files:
- extensions.sqlite-journal (if found)
4. Restart Firefox.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Firefox Add-Ons Not Working on PC’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Firefox Add-Ons Not Working on PC’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.