This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘iPhone Profile Picture Not Updating’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘iPhone Profile Picture Not Updating’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘iPhone Profile Picture Not Updating’ Issue
Can’t see the iPhone profile picture you normally have in Settings section or App Store section? In this guide, I will explain how to fix that problem and see the image again. This image personifies your presence as an iPhone user. The same image that you see in the iPhone settings profile image is synced with iCloud and there you can also see the same image as the profile avatar.
Due to certain technical inconveniences, sometimes users cannot see the profile photo that they had previously uploaded or even when they just upload one to the Apple ID in the iOS Settings app.
Change Apple ID picture from Apple ID menu
This is not the easiest or fastest route to modifying your Apple ID, but it is an option. Open the Settings app and follow the steps below.
- Touch the name of your Apple ID account.
- Tap the profile picture placeholder.
- Select Take Photo to take a photo with your iPhone or iPad camera. Or select Choose Photo to choose a pre-existing photo or image from your device’s photo library. Browse option allows you to choose images from Files app and cloud storage accounts like iCloud Drive, Google Drive, etc. Then select or take a photo and proceed to the next step.
- Use the built-in photo editor to adjust and resize the image and tap Choose to continue. The image or photo is now your Apple ID photo. Also, the new image will be reflected on all other devices connected to your Apple ID account, as long as they have an active internet connection.
Change the Apple ID picture by editing your contact card
- Open the Contact app and tap the My Card label with your Apple ID name. You can also access your contact card from the Phone application. Open the Phone app, go to the Contacts tab and tap on the My Card label located at the top.
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner.
- Tap Edit under the current profile photo.
- Tap the Camera icon to take a photo or select the Image icon to use a pre-existing photo in your library as the Apple ID photo. Alternatively, tap on the happy face emoji to choose a preferred emoji from your iPhone or iPad emoji keyboard. Finally, the Pencil icon allows you to use custom texts or initials as your image.
- Touch Done to proceed with saving the new image. Check the Apple ID menu in the Settings app, or check your iCloud devices to confirm if the new image is showing on all your Apple devices. The iOS Contacts app has elegant customization options that allow you to bring your Apple ID picture to life. You can change the style of the image, modify the background color, and add a filter.
Change Apple ID picture on Mac
If you have multiple Apple devices with the same Apple ID, you just have to change the account image on one of the devices. Apple will sync and update the new photo on other connected devices. If you use a different account on your Mac, change the Apple ID picture from the Contact app or the System Preferences menu.
Change Apple ID picture from System Preferences
- Open System Preferences and hover your mouse over the current image in the upper left corner.
- Click Edit on Image. That will open the image selection and editing window.
- Go to the categories on the left sidebar and select your preferred image. The Default option will display a couple of preset images (flowers, animals, musical instruments, etc.). Select Camera to take a photo with your Mac’s FaceTime HD camera. In the Photos category, you can select an image from your iCloud Photos folders as your Apple ID image.
- Use the zoom slider to scale and move the image. Click Save when you finish editing the image according to your preferences.
Change Apple ID picture from Contacts app
Changing the display image on your contact card changes your Apple ID image again. Here’s how to change your Apple ID image on a Mac.
- Open the Contacts app in the Dock.
- Scroll to the top of the contact list in the left sidebar and select your account name in the “My card” section.
- Click on the account image.
- In the “Change Profile Picture” section, click edit on picture.
- Select your image from the categories or use the Camera option to take a photo with your Mac’s webcam.
- Use the editor to scale and move the image and click Save when done.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘iPhone Profile Picture Not Updating’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘iPhone Profile Picture Not Updating’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.