When a device connects to the Internet, it is given one or more addresses on the network. A device is often given both an IPv4 address and an IPv6 address. IPv6 is a newer networking standard intended to enable a larger network of connected devices than the older, more widely used IPv4 protocol. When properly configured, most devices work well when connecting to a network using at least one of these two protocols. This article is about how to Fix IPv4/IPv6 No Internet Access Error on Windows.
But sometimes a device connects and gets an IPv4 address and not an IPv6 address. For example, when you look at the network connection details in Windows, your device might show a connection to an IPv4 network, but show “No internet access” next to IPv6 connectivity.
Windows 10 is now released and downloaded by millions of users. So, now that the hype is almost over, we need to focus on the potential problems Windows 10 brings. One of the most annoying problems that surely needs to be solved as soon as possible is the no internet connection issue. Below we have mention the steps to resolve IPv4/IPv6 No Internet Access Error on Windows.
4 Ways to Fix IPv4/IPv6 No Internet Access Error on Windows 11
Disable IP Helper service
- Press Windows Key + R then type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Scroll down then find IP Helper service, then right-click on it and select Properties.
- If the service is already running, click Stop then from the Startup type drop-down select Disabled.
- Click Apply, followed by OK.
- Reboot your PC to save changes.
- Press Windows Key + R then type the following command and hit Enter:
control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter
- Now click on your current connection to open settings.
- Click on the Properties button in the Wi-Fi Status window.
- Make sure to uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Click OK, then click Close. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Reset Network Components
- Open Command Prompt. The user can perform this step by searching for ‘cmd’ and then press Enter.
- Type the following command into cmd one by one and hit Enter after each one:
ipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /registerdnsipconfig /releaseipconfig /renewnetsh winsock reset catalognetsh int ipv4 reset reset.lognetsh int ipv6 reset reset.logpauseshutdown /r
- If you get access denied error, then press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry entry:
- Right-click on 26 and select Permissions.
- Click Add then types EVERYONE and click OK. If EVERYONE is already there then just checkmark Full Control (Allow).
- Next, click Apply, followed by OK.
- Again run the above commands in CMD and reboot your PC to save changes.
Update your network drivers
- Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Right-click on the wireless adapter under Network Adapters and select Update Driver.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Again click on “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
- Select the latest available driver from the list and click Next.
- Reboot your PC to save changes and see if you’re able to Fix IPv6 Connectivity No Internet Access on Windows 10.
We hope our article on methods to Fix IPv4/IPv6 No Internet Access Error on Windows 11 will help you and resolve all your problems. This can have several reasons. IPv6 is the next generation of routing and offers many improvements over IPv4, including a virtually unlimited number of addresses.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix IPv4/IPv6 No Internet Access Error on Windows.