Hello all today in this article we will show you how to fix iTunes to apply changes and sync on iOS 12. There is no doubt that iTunes is a very useful tool that helps iOS users sync data between an iOS device and a computer. However, many iOS users have reported that they face iTunes stuck on waiting for sync to start error and it causes problems for them. Just like the above user said, this error usually occurs when users try to sync their iDevice with iTunes. So without further delay let’s get started.
You don’t always have to take the time to wait for a long time when your iPhone or iPad is connected to iTunes. There are several ways to solve this problem. While you wait for the changes to be applied to your iTunes, you can also open iTunes to make manual adjustments to help you solve the problem. Wi-Fi sync issues between iTunes and phone seem to drop out when Apple users update their iOS.
On whatever type of Apple device iTunes crashes, always waiting for changes to be applied during a WiFi sync, some troubleshooting guidelines will tell you what to do to fix this problem. iOS 12 causes many problems with iPhone 6, iPhone 5 and iOS devices. Before proceeding, we recommend you to update iPhone
Methods to Fix iTunes Stuck for Changes to be Applied And Sync Error On iPhone
Sync iTunes Music
- Disable the option ” Sync music ” in iTunes
- Navigate through General> Usage> Manage Storage> Delete Music
- Activate the option ” Synchronize music ” again
- Select the options’ ‘Manage music and videos manually’ ‘and’ Sync only selected songs and videos’ ‘in the summary tab of iTunes
- Try syncing iTunes with your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr again
Reset network settings on iPhone
Resetting network settings on iPhone will erase all Internet and network-related data stored on your device. This includes WiFi network names, passwords, Bluetooth devices you have previously connected to, mobile network preferences, and VPN settings.
A network settings reset is different from a factory reset, which erases all your files and personal data. This is usually done when you trade in your old iPhone for a new one.
Change the music sync option
- Uncheck the option ” Sync Music ” in iTunes and confirm the changes
- Check the Synchronize option again and approve the changes
Note: If this method doesn’t work, try turning off the “Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps” option.
IPad-only sync solution
- Turn off the Bluetooth connection
- Uncheck “ Manually manage music ” and check the option again
- Clear the checkbox to change the bit rate and undo this task after a couple of seconds
Delete non-music files
- Open the iTunes music folder
- Delete any files that are not related to music.
- Backup your Apple iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr and add all your music files again
- Turn on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr or iPad
- Use the Lightning Cable to connect your iPad and iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone XR to your PC
- Open the device menu and select the music tab.
- Tap the trio button to sync your music library.
Using a USB Lightning connection cable, connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer since it got stuck, unplug it and plug it back in. Your sync will continue from where it left off.
Drag and Drop
You can perform a drag and drop task of a playlist on your iPhone, and it will properly sync the music you want.
Manually manage videos
Go to the summary tab and click on the “manage videos manually” feature. After doing that, you can now be allowed to add music files to your iPhone manually.
Turn off music sync
Turn off music sync from tab and delete music from your iOS device via storage management option.
Find the general settings in your iTunes, go to iTunes Wi-Fi syncing and proceed to sync.
We hope you’ll like our article on Methods to fix iTunes for changes to be applied and sync error on iPhone. There are other solutions that you can try to solve this problem. However, if all the above steps still don’t work, then you can contact an Apple support to help you further. So if you like our article then do share with others.