One of the main input devices utilised in a laptop or PC to instruct the computer to carry out specific tasks is the microphone. Due to the fact that video calls are now a requirement for many students, working professionals, and other users during this pandemic, it has emerged as one of the most crucial components for all users. However, a common laptop user issue is the microphone not working. Do not worry if your laptop microphone has been malfunctioning as well. In this article we will try to teach you how to Fix Laptop Microphone is Not Working.
You’re in for a very aggravating experience regardless of the type of computer you’re using if you suddenly can’t hear the sound your apps are intended to be creating or interact with others via your microphone. There are many things to check, including whether your speakers or microphone aren’t properly connected, aren’t calibrated correctly, or aren’t at the right volume level because they were inadvertently muted.
3 Ways to Fix Laptop Microphone is Not Working Issue
Set your microphone as default
- Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices.
- In the window that opens, select the device that has the status Ready.
- At the bottom of the window, click Set Default.
- If you’ve done this correctly you should see the green mark on the correct microphone and audio level responding to sound.
Use the Audio troubleshooter
- Open Windows Search (Windows key + S).
- Type troubleshooter in the search box and select the utility from the results.
- The troubleshooter window will now open. From the left menu, select View All.
- From the list that opens, select Record audio and a new window will open.
- Follow the troubleshooting steps and apply the fixes provided.
Update Audio Drivers
- Locate your audio device in the list, right-click it and select Properties.
- In the window that opens, select the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
- Instruct the wizard to search on the Internet for a suitable driver and let it install the updates.
We hope you like our article on methods to fix Laptop Microphone is Not Working Issue. When a laptop microphone isn’t working, it could be due to an issue with the microphone settings or configurations, device drivers, or even a defective microphone or internal wiring. If you are facing the similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Laptop Microphone is Not Working.