This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Not Detecting Camera’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Not Detecting Camera’ Issue. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Not Detecting Camera’ Issue
In Windows 10, when the camera is not working with Microsoft Teams, don’t worry, there are many ways to solve this problem. Although the application is one of the best options for communicating via chat and video, collaborating and sharing files with other people, it is not perfect. And sometimes you may run into issues that can negatively affect the experience.
For example, you may suddenly find that Microsoft Teams cannot detect the webcam. Or the camera would work, but it won’t show up for app plugins, making it impossible to participate in a video conference.
Try these simple solutions
If you want to avoid reinstalling the app or updating Windows 10, try these quick solutions first:
- Restart your laptop or PC.
- Restart Microsoft Teams.
- If you have a USB camera, disconnect and reconnect it.
- Connect your camera through a different port to make sure a bad USB port doesn’t cause your problems.
- Close other applications that need access to the camera, such as Zoom or Skype. Usually these apps may already be running in the background, which means your camera is already installed.
Use the web browser
If you’re in a rush and don’t have enough time to fix the Microsoft Teams app or Windows 10 settings, using the web browser might be the best solution.
- Open Microsoft Teams in your preferred browser.
- Login with your credentials.
- Open the Chat menu and select a contact.
- Click New Meeting> Start Meeting.
- Allow your browser to access your camera and microphone.
If your browser does not ask for permission and your camera still does not work, you must configure the browser settings.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click Security, then go to Privacy & Security> Site Settings.
- Open the Permissions menu, then select Camera.
- Select the Microsoft team site.
- Expand the menus next to Camera and Microphone and select Allow.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner (or press Alt + F).
- Click Settings, then go to Cookies and Site Permissions> All Sites.
- Select the Microsoft Teams site.
- Use the drop-down menus next to Camera and Microphone and select Allow.
Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
If you think the problem is due to hardware or a device malfunction, you can use the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. Here you will know how you can do it:
- In the search bar of the Start menu, find the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Enter msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic.
- Press Enter to open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Click Next to start the scan.
If it finds any problems, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will fix them automatically.
Update the Microsoft Teams app
In general, there is no need to worry about updates, as the Microsoft Teams application updates automatically. However, a bug can prevent the app from updating, so you have to check for updates manually. Here you will know how you can do it:
- Open the Profile menu in the upper right corner.
- Select Check for updates. If an update is available, the application will install it.
- Close and reopen the application.
- Make a test call to check if the camera is working.
Reinstall the Microsoft Teams app
If you have more problems other than the camera not working, this might solve them. First, you must uninstall the application:
- Click Start, then head to Settings> Applications.
- In the menu on the left, select Apps & Features.
- In the list of applications, select Microsoft Teams.
- Click Uninstall.
- Download and install the application.
Update the camera driver
An outdated driver can cause camera-related problems. To fix them, follow these steps:
- In the search bar of the Start menu, search for device manager and select Best match.
- Expand the Imaging Devices menu.
- Right-click on the camera and select Update Driver.
Windows 10 will automatically install the driver update and your camera should now be working.
Change app settings
Microsoft Teams is designed to detect the camera on its own. However, if you are unable to initiate a video call, you should check the application settings. Here’s how to configure Microsoft Teams options:
- Open the app
- Open the profile menu in the upper right corner.
- Click Settings> Devices.
- Under Camera, use the drop-down menu and choose which camera you want to use.
- Check the preview to make sure everything works as desired.
Check your privacy settings
Maybe a third-party app changed some of the Windows 10 settings, or you made the change yourself and forgot about it. To get your camera working again, you need to change some of the privacy settings.
Allow access to the camera
If you are using a camera with a built-in microphone, you must also change your privacy settings. Here you will know how you can do it:
- Click Start> Settings> Privacy.
- In the app permission, select Microphone.
- Under Allow microphone access on this device, click Change and activate the toggle.
- Activate the toggle below Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Under Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, turn on the toggle for Microsoft Teams.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Not Detecting Camera’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Not Detecting Camera’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.