Overwatch 2 was released a week ago, and players seem to be reporting an endless number of bugs in the game. It began with various types of login errors and progressed to numerous issues that resolved themselves. Now, both new and old players are reporting a new type of error in which not only does the screen go black, but it also freezes from time to time and at critical moments.
In this article we will show you how to Fix Overwatch 2 Black Screen. The “Black screen” error in Overwatch 2 has been one of the game’s most consistent bugs, and it’s also one of the most annoying and difficult to deal with. While the root cause of the issue is unknown, it is possible that it is due to a version mismatch. Below we have mentioned the steps to Fix Overwatch 2 Black Screen.
Ways to Fix Overwatch 2 Black Screen
Run the Game as Admin
If your issues have not been resolved and Overwatch 2 still has a black screen, you can try running the game in administrator mode. This will resolve any privilege issues that the game may have as a result of the user-run access. To accomplish this, you must also run the battle.net client as an administrator on your PC.
- Hover your mouse over the Overwatch 2 icon on your desktop and right-click on it.
- On the Properties tab, select the “Run as administrator” checkbox.
- Click Apply and then OK. Your game will now require the administrator password to restart.
Update Graphics Driver
The second thing you can do to resolve the problem is to update graphic driver on your PC’s so that the game runs smoothly. When the graphics card is unable to emulate the game graphics, the game usually enters black screen mode. To avoid this, we must periodically update graphics card drivers.
- Hover the mouse over the Start menu and right-click to bring up the Quick access menu.
- Click the Device Manager in the list.
- Move the mouse pointer over the Start menu and right-click to bring up the quick access menu.
- Click on the Device Manager in the list.
- Click Update Drivers and then select Update automatically.
- If there are any updates, they will be downloaded and installed automatically. Once the update is complete, restart Windows PC.
DirectX is a special game companion software for Windows PC that improves game compatibility across various Windows PC, particularly for games. Installing the software is simple; you can get it for free from the Microsoft website and instal it on your computer.
Get the latest Windows updates
If you are running an older version of Windows, upgrade your Windows to the latest version.
- Press Window + I to open the settings or open them from the Start menu.
- Now click on Updates and security settings.
- Now click Check for Updates; if there are updates, click Download and Install.
- After that, restart your PC.
We hope our article on “How to Fix Overwatch 2 Black Screen” will surely help you to do so. While the Overwatch 2 game is excellent, if you play it for an extended period of time, you may experience black screen issues due to your PC configuration, which you can resolve by following the steps and procedures outlined above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Overwatch 2 Black Screen.