When setting up a new Windows 11/10 operating system, a Hello PIN must also be created. You can stop using it after logging in to your computer for the first time. Several users have reported that their devices encountered different Windows Hello error codes when re-creating the PIN. This article is about how to Fix PIN Error 0x801c044f on Windows 11
When Hello pin error occurs, it will show error check value like – 0x801c004d, 0x90280013 etc. The error message is – “Something went wrong and we couldn’t set up your PIN”. Each of these problems is unique and requires separate solutions.
Windows 11 offers different ways to sign in to the device, but one of the most advanced methods is Windows Hello. Users can log in using biometric authentication, e.g. B. with a fingerprint. However, you may encounter error 0x801c044f when setting up Windows Hello. Below we have mention the steps to resolve PIN Error 0x801c044f on Windows.
4 Ways to Fix PIN Error 0x801c044f on Windows 11
Modify Group Policy
- Press the Win + R keys together to open Run.
- Type gpedit.msc in the text field of Run and click Enter.
- Hit Yes in the UAC prompt.
- In the GPE window, navigate to the following location:
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesSystemLogon
- Double-click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in and choose Enabled.
- Click Apply > OK to save the changes.
- Now try settings up a PIN again and check if the issue is resolved.
Delete the NGC Folder
- Launch File Explorer and head over to the following location:
- locate the NGC folder and right-click on it.
- Choose Delete from the context menu.
- Restart PC
Sign into Your Microsoft Account Again
- Press the Win key to launch the Start Menu.
- Click on the account name at the bottom left corner.
- Choose Sign out from the context menu.
- You will be directed to the Windows lock screen.
- Select your account, enter the password, if any, and click on the Sign-in option.
Rejoin Azure AD
- Open Settings using Win + I hotkeys.
- Click on System > About.
- Choose Disconnect from the organisation option.
- Click on Continue to confirm your selection.
- Enter the alternate account info and click on OK.
- follow the onscreen instructions to restart your PC.
- log in with the alternate account. After that, rejoin the Azure AD and set up the Windows Hello PIN.
We hope you like our article on methods to Fix PIN Error 0x801c044f on Windows 11. If you are facing the similar issues and want to know how to solve this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix PIN Error 0x801c044f on Windows 11.