Printers continue to be one of the most frustrating devices in the world of consumer technology. Incomprehensible error messages, paper jams, smeary ink, and inexplicably going offline are just a few of the issues that many home and small office printers have. Many Windows 11 users have reported that Windows displays the printer as offline even when it is connected and turned on. In this article we will try to teach you how to Fix Printer Offline Issue.
When you want to print a document, photo, or text file, the operating system typically’spools’ it to the printer and begins printing. The printer must be set to ‘Online’ for this to happen. If the printer status is Offline, it cannot communicate with the computer and cannot print documents. This is a common issue that can be extremely frustrating, especially if you need to print documents quickly or rely on a printer for your daily work.
4 Ways to Fix Printer Offline Issue on Windows
Clear the Print Queue
- Open Windows setting.
- Click on Printers & Scanners in the left pane. In the right-pane, select your Printer and click on Open Queue option.
- Right-click the document in the print queue (if any) and click Cancel to remove the document from the print queue.
Restart the Print Spooler Service
- type services.msc and click on OK.
- On the Services screen, right-click on Print Spooler and click on the Restart option.
Update the Printer Drivers
- double click the Printers category.
- Right click your printer and click Update driver.
- If update available install it
- Then, restart Window PC.
Remove and Reinstall the Printer
- Open Settings. Go to Devices > Printers & Scanners. Select your printer, click Remove device, and then click Yes.
- Then click Add a printer or scanner. Follow the wizard to reconnect the printer to your computer.
That’s it with our article on methods to fix Printer Offline Issue on Windows. There are various reasons your computer may show an offline printer status, including connectivity issues and powered-down printers. If you are also one of the users who are facing the similar issue and want to know to get rid of this problem then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Printer Offline Issue on Windows PC.