Can’t change screensaver settings on Windows 10, 8 or 7? Are all screensaver options grayed out or disabled on your PC? Although there are multiple ways to open the Screensaver Settings dialog, some users have reported that the screensaver settings are grayed out on their PC. This obstacle can be caused by a group policy setting or changing registry values that have disabled the screen saver. This article is about how to Fix Screen Saver Settings Grayed Out Windows 11.
While screensavers are no longer essential, many users prefer to protect a computer while they’re away or allow them to watch a slideshow of their favorite photos. On this page you will learn how to enable and disable the screensaver option in Microsoft Windows and macOS. Can’t change screensaver settings? All screensaver options are grayed out or disabled? This problem is caused by a Group Policy setting that has disabled the screen saver. Below we have mention the steps to resolve Screen Saver Settings Grayed Out Windows 11.
2 Ways to Fix Screen Saver Settings Grayed Out Windows 11
Enable Screen Saver Using Registry Editor
- Right-click on Start button and click on Run.
- In the Run Command window, type Regedit and click on OK.
- On the Registry Editor Screen, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelDesktop and double-click on ScreenSaveActive.
- In the pop-up, change the Value Data for ScreenSaveActive key from 0 to 1.
- Similarly double-click on ScreenSaverIsSecure and change its Value Data to 1.
- Restart your computer to apply this change.
- After this, you will be able to change the Screen Saver on your computer.
Enable Screen Saver Using Group Policy Editor
- Click on the Start button > Run.
- In the Run Command Window, type gpedit.msc and click on OK.
- In Group Policy Editor, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization and Double click on Enable Screen Saver policy.
- In the pop-up, make sure that Not Configured or Disable option is selected.
- After this, you will be able to Change the Screen Saver on your computer.
So here we conclude our article on methods to fix Screen Saver Settings Grayed Out Windows PC. Several Windows 10 and 11 users report complaints about grayed out screensaver settings. After investigating the problem, there is something you can do to fix this problem. If you want to know how to get rid of this issue then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Screen Saver Settings Grayed Out Windows 11.