This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue
There are few scenarios more annoying than when your sound doesn’t work while browsing the internet. You have probably experienced this before, and you are not alone, it is a very common problem. Fortunately, most of the time it is not serious and there are only a few simple steps you need to take to solve this problem. What could be an annoying situation than playing YouTube video on Google Chrome without sound?
After that, check the volume on your computer, start playing a song on a music player, and play with the sound options – everything is fine, the sound works without any problem. But when you go back to Chrome, you can’t hear anything again. Surely you are wondering how to recover the sound in Google Chrome.
Update your sound driver
When something goes wrong with your computer’s audio, one of the first solutions to try is to update your sound driver. That said, it is essential to have the latest supported driver versions for your Windows 10 system. This ensures that your applications and hardware run smoothly.
There are two ways to update your drivers: manually or automatically using Auslogics Driver Updater. Before opting to do it manually, you should know that the process can take a lot of time and effort. You should go to the manufacturer’s website and find the latest version of your driver that is also compatible with your system. If you install the wrong version, it could cause more problems for your PC.
As such, we recommend automating the process, using a reliable program like Auslogics Driver Updater. You just have to click a button and you can get the tool to automatically scan your system and find the right drivers for your computer. This way, you wouldn’t risk making mistakes when trying to fix any sounds in Chrome.
Using the volume mixer to check the sound
Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to adjust the volume level for specific applications. If you hear audio from apps other than Chrome, you may have muted your browser’s volume. You can fix this problem by following these steps:
- Go to the bottom right of the taskbar and right-click on the Sound icon.
- Select Open Volume Mixer.
- Move Chrome’s volume slider to an audible level.
- Restart Chrome and play audio or video on it to check if the problem is resolved.
Clear your browser’s cookies and cache
Cookies and cache are temporary files that increase the loading speed of web pages. However, over time, your browser collects too many. Consequently, Chrome gets overloaded with temporary data, causing various issues such as missing audio. Therefore, it would be better to clear your browser’s cache and cookies. You can do this by following the instructions below:
- Launch Chrome.
- Go to the top right of the browser and click on Customize and control Google Chrome. This should be all three
- vertical lines near the address bar.
- Select More tools from the list, then click Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range for the data you want to delete.
- Click Clear data.
Make sure the web page is not silent
It is also possible that the sound of the page you are visiting is muted. You can fix this problem by using the following steps:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” (without quotes), then press Enter.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you reach the Multimedia section.
- Make sure the box next to “Play sounds on web pages” is selected.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK.
- Restart Chrome and check for sound coming from web apps.
Extensions give users a better browsing experience on Chrome. For example, when you want to prevent ads from being embedded on the web pages you visit, you can install AdBlock. On the other hand, these extensions can interfere with your browser and cause audio problems. Therefore, if you want to fix sound problems in Chrome, it would be advisable to disable its extensions. Just follow the steps below:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome. You can access this option by clicking on the three vertical dots next to the address bar.
- Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- Deactivate all the extensions installed in your browser.
- Restart your browser and check if the audio problem has been resolved.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Sounds Not Working in Chrome’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.