This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Text Messaging Sound Not Working’ Issue on Android. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Text Messaging Sound Not Working’ Issue on Android. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘Text Messaging Sound Not Working’ Issue on Android
If you want to change or mute the text message ringtone on your Android device, you can do so by following these steps. You receive an important text message on your phone, but you did not check it because you did not receive a notification. I can imagine how angry you were. I too would start cursing my phone. If it makes you feel better, you are not alone. Other Android users don’t get notifications for your text messages either. However, some tips on general notification settings apply to all applications and to Android in general. Especially for apps that have their own notification settings. Let’s see how to fix this problem.
Check the notification settings
If you do nothing with the mobile signal, you can check if you have activated the notification. You need to check it first as you can turn it off for some reasons before.
To enable text message notification, you can:
- Launch the “Settings” app on the home screen.
- Scroll down to the “Applications” option.
- Search for the “Messaging” app to view the app information.
- Touch the first option: Notifications and activate the option “Allow notification”.
Then you can decide to receive a soft notification, a pop-up notification banner, or a lock screen notification by clicking on the SIM card.
You can also allow text message notification sound or vibration when receiving a text message by:
- Launch the “Settings” application again.
- Find the “Messaging” application under the “Applications” tab.
- Click on the “Message Tone” tab to activate vibration or select a ringtone as the notification sound.
Check the surrounding signal
The prerequisite for receiving text message notifications is that your Android phone receives text messages. So the first thing to do is make sure your Android phone can receive mobile signals well.
If you are indoors, including an underground garage, elevator, subway, and other sheltered locations, you may not be able to receive signals and text messages from other people. In this situation, it is suggested that you move to a more open area, where you can receive signals, text messages, and text message notifications.
Fix Android system problem
So far, you have checked the surrounding signal and made sure the text message notification settings are correct. However, if the text message notifications still not working on Android, you may encounter Android system problems and you have to resort to a special tool to get rid of the problem. DroidKit is here to fix Android system related issues. As a professional Android system repair tool, DroidKit can easily help you fix the system problem. It is workable in many common cases, involving frozen phone screen, black screen of death, non-working touch screen, etc. DroidKit would be the best option to get your device back to normal.
- Get the latest version of DroidKit and open it on your computer first> Choose Troubleshoot system problems in the middle of the welcome interface> Connect your Samsung phone to computer.
- Read the on-screen instructions and press the Start button> the software will automatically match the Android PDA code> The next page indicates that you need to tap Download now to download the corresponding firmware and get rid of the Android system problem.
- When the firmware is finished downloading, you need to click the Repair Now button.
- Then DroidKit will start to fix the system problem. Wait a few minutes for the process to complete.
Check the internal storage of your Android phone
If your Android phone runs out of internal storage, you will also not receive a text message or send you a notification. Therefore, it is necessary to access and check the internal storage of your Android phone. Many people are used to booking text messages. However, if your Android device does not have enough internal storage, you will not be able to receive any messages anyway. To check if your mobile phone has enough storage space, you can check the “Storage” in the “Settings” application.
Check SMS Block List
Apparently, if the phone number is added to the SMS block list or is tagged as a spam message, you cannot receive a message or a text message notification. For this reason, you should also take some time to check the SMS block list on your phone. To check the set SMS block list, you need to make sure your “Messages” app works. And then you can:
- Open the “Messages” application on your Android home screen. Click on the “Info messages” option.
- Tap the “three dots” icon or the “More” tab in the lower right corner.
- Go to Blocked> Blocked Rules> Message Blocking Rules.
- Uncheck the “Block Unknown Numbers” option.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Text Messaging Sound Not Working’ Issue on Android
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Text Messaging Sound Not Working’ Issue on Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.