This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘”This App Can’t Run on Your PC” Error in Windows 10. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘”This App Can’t Run on Your PC” Error in Windows 10. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘”This App Can’t Run on Your PC” Error in Windows 10
There are a variety of reasons why Windows won’t allow you to start a program. Fortunately, we have thought of everything.
There may be some reasons why you get the error message “this software cannot work on your PC” in Windows 10. The application may be incompatible with your system, you may have logged into the wrong user account, or the installation it may have been damaged.
Fortunately, there are some remedies you can try. So, let’s start to solve the problem of “this software cannot run on your PC”.
How to fix it
Run the application as administrator
Permission problems are common reasons why an app won’t open or doesn’t work as it should. Fixing this is easy as all you need to do is run the application with administrator privileges.
To do that, you need to log in as an administrator or have the login credentials of an administrator account ready for step 2 below.
- Use File Explorer to find the application with the problems.
- Right-click on the application and select Execute as an administrator.
- In the User Account Control window that appears, select Yes.
- The application should open.
If you no longer receive the error “This application cannot be run on your PC” and the application works fine, enable the application to always run in administrator mode.
- Right-click on the application file and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab in Properties.
- Under the Settings section, enable the Run this program as administrator box.
- Please select Request followed by okay at the bottom to save your changes.
Check if the PC is 32-bit or 64-bit
Windows 10 has two versions: 32-bit and 64-bit. One possible reason why an application won’t open on your PC is that your PC is running the 32-bit version of Windows and the application is 64-bit.
To confirm that this is the case, check your PC specifications:
- Open the Settings application pressing Windows + I keys at the same time.
- Please select System on the Settings screen.
- Scroll down the left sidebar and select Upon.
- In the right pane, below Device Specifications, look what the Type of system says the field.
If it says 32-bit operating system and your application is 64-bit, you must install the 64-bit version of Windows 10 on your computer. Your computer must support 64-bit operating systems for you to do so. Your PC manufacturer’s website should be able to indicate whether your system supports a 64-bit operating system.
If you are not sure whether your application is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can find that information as follows:
- Right-click on your application and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Compatibility tab at the top.
- Enable the Run this program in compatibility mode to box.
- Select the drop-down menu below the checkbox. If this drop down menu has Windows 95 at the top, the selected application is 32-bit. If the drop-down menu starts with Windows Vista, then your application is 64 bit.
If you can’t upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit, check the site of the problem app and see if they offer a 32-bit version of your app. The 32-bit version should work fine on your PC.
Use the compatibility troubleshooter
Windows 10 includes many troubleshooters, one of which is the compatibility troubleshooter. Use this to determine possible reasons why your app won’t open.
- Right-click on the problematic application and select Properties.
- Access Compatibility tab in Properties.
- At the top of the Compatibility tab, select Run the compatibility troubleshooter.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to find and fix the app problems for you.
Run the application from another account
If your PC still shows the error “This application cannot run on your PC”, you may want to switch accounts and see if that makes a difference. If there is a problem with your user account settings, this should fix it.
Make sure you have a free account to switch to.
- Open the Start menu, click on your profile icon and select disconnect.
- On the login screen, select another user account and log in.
- In this new user account, find the problematic application and open it.
If the application opens with the secondary account, there is a problem with your original account. In this case, if you are not sure of the exact cause of the problem, delete your user account and recreate it.
Scan the PC for Viruses and Malware
A virus or malware can cause your PC to display the error “This application cannot be run on your PC” even though the application you are trying to open is perfectly fine. In this case, use Windows’ built-in virus scanner to find and remove viruses and other threats.
- Open the Start menu, search Windows securityand select it from the search results.
- On the Windows security screen, select Protection against viruses and threats.
- Please select Scan options on the next screen.
- Opt for the Complete analisis option and then select Scan now in the background.
- Wait for your system to scan and remove various threats from your PC.
Enable developer mode
Windows 10 includes a developer mode that allows you to enable certain features on your PC. One of them is the ability to download applications on your computer. Side downloading means installing universal Windows apps from outside the Microsoft Store.
It’s worth toggling this mode to see if your problem is resolved.
- press the Windows + I keys at the same time to open the Settings app.
- Under Settings, select Update and security in the background.
- Please select For developers in the left sidebar.
- On the right panel, turn on the Developer mode lever.
- Try running your application and see if it opens.
Run a corrupt file scan
Corrupt files are responsible for various problems on your PC, including an application that won’t start. It is difficult to find and repair corrupt files manually, but there is a tool to help you with that: Windows 10 includes a command that allows you to detect and repair all the corrupt files on your computer. Run this command from the command prompt utility on your PC.
While you have to type the command and run it, the command takes care of repairing the corrupted files for you. You don’t have to deal with the corrupted files manually.
- Access Start menu, search Symbol of the systemand select Execute as an administrator.
- Please select Yes at the User Account Control prompt.
- In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command and press Get into: sfc / scannow
- Wait for the command to scan and repair the corrupt files on your PC.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘”This App Can’t Run on Your PC” Error in Windows 10
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘”This App Can’t Run on Your PC” Error in Windows 10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.