Streaming gameplay on Twitch is a simple procedure. Setting up streams on Twitch is simple compared to other platforms, and even inexperienced users should be able to do so without much assistance. However, this does not guarantee that you will not encounter any issues while streaming on the platform. Recently, Xbox users have reported seeing a 2FF21423 error code when attempting to stream their gameplay.
In this article we will teach you how to fix twitch error code 2ff31423. If you’re a content creator, this is a serious problem that must be addressed right away. According to our knowledge, the 2FF21423 error code on Twitch is caused by incorrect device configurations. It could, however, be due to slow network connections, problematic servers, or outdated system software. Below we have mention the steps to fix twitch error code 2ff31423.
How to Fix Twitch Error Code 2ff31423
Enable Two Factor Authentication
To broadcast or stream on Twitch, you must enable two-factor authentication. If you’re getting the error 2FF31423 because two-factor authentication is disabled in Twitch, try enabling it and seeing if the error goes away. This option can be enabled through the Creator Dashboard settings.
Here are the steps to enable two-factor authentication on Twitch to resolve the 2FF31423 error:
- Tap the account icon in the top right corner of your Twitch account.
- Select Settings from the context menu that appears.
- Navigate to the Security and Privacy tab within the Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Security section after that. Set Up Two-Factor Authentication will appear here; simply press this button.
- Follow the prompts to finish the process of configuring two-factor authentication.
- Attempt to stream now to see if the problem has been resolved.
Allow gameplay streaming in Xbox Settings
If you’re getting the error code 2FF31423 while trying to stream on Twitch with a secondary account, it’s possible that your Privacy & Online safety settings are causing problems with gameplay streaming. If this scenario applies to you, enable gameplay streaming and then check to see if the error has been resolved. To enable gameplay streaming on a specific account, follow the steps below:
- Press the gear icon from the right-side panel on your Xbox One console’s default dashboard.
- Now, go to the Privacy & Online Safety menu by clicking on the All settings option.
- Select Xbox Live privacy from this menu, and then on the next screen, select the default that needs to be changed.
- Then, select the View details & Customize option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Allowed option under the You can broadcast gameplay section on the next screen.
- Relaunch the Twitch app to see if the error has been resolved.
Uninstall, then Reinstall the Twitch app
Because this error could be caused by a corrupted installation of the Twitch app on Xbox One, you should try reinstalling the Twitch app. To do so, uninstall the app and then reinstall it on your device. Let us investigate how you can accomplish this.
- To begin, press the Xbox button on your Xbox One controller to access the Guide menu.
- Now, select the Games & Apps option from the menu options.
- You will be able to see all installed applications and games under the Games & Apps section; simply locate the Twitch app here.
- Next, using your controller, select the Twitch app.
- Then, from the context menu that appears, select the Uninstall option.
- To complete Twitch uninstallation, you must confirm the uninstallation of the Twitch app and deletion of the associated data.
- Restart your Xbox One after Twitch has been completely removed.
- Finally, go to the Xbox One store and download the Twitch app.
- Try streaming on Twitch right now to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, proceed to the next possible solution in this article.
Change the MAC address
If none of the preceding solutions work, try resetting the MAC address. This method has worked for many users and may work for you as well. Let’s go over how to change the MAC address on an Xbox One:
Click the gear icon on the Xbox home screen, then select the All settings option.Navigate to the Network section and then to Network Settings.Next, go to Advanced settings and select Alternate MAC address.Then, select Clear and restart your console.Then, unplug the Xbox console and wait for it to shut down.Now, reconnect it and restart it to see if the Twitch error has been resolved.
Reset your stream key
This error can occur in rare cases if the stream key associated with your Twitch account is inconsistent. In that case, you can try resetting your Twitch stream key and seeing if the error is resolved. The following are the steps to resetting your Twitch stream key:
- To begin, launch Twitch and navigate to the account icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select the Creator Dashboard option, then Preferences, and finally the Channel option.
- Then, in the Stream Key & Preferences section, look for the Primary Stream key option.
- Finally, press the Reset button, which is located next to the Primary Stream key option. This will reset your Twitch stream key, and hopefully, the problem will be resolved.
What causes Error Code 2FF31423 on Twitch
This error can occur in a variety of circumstances. Here are some of the possible causes of Twitch error code 2FF31423:
- This error may occur if you have disabled two-factor authentication on Twitch. To stream on Twitch, you must enable this option. Turn on two-factor authentication on Twitch if the scenario applies.
- This error message may appear if your Twitch app installation is corrupted. If you are experiencing this issue as a result of this reason, reinstalling the app is the solution.
- This error code may appear if you have not enabled gameplay streaming in the Xbox settings. As a result, select this option to resolve the error.
After applying all this above solution and still stuck in the same issue than we recommend you to go to their official Twitch support website and request your problem to be solved. Twitch is a gaming live streaming service. Non-gamers may not understand the appeal of watching other people play video games, but Twitch has 15 million users every day.
Twitch’s primary focus is video games. Users can watch others play games, interact with other viewers, or live stream their own gameplay to the rest of the world. Various games are streamed, with popular titles like Fortnite, Teamfight Tactics, League of Legends, and Grand Theft Auto V among the most popular.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix Twitch Error Code 2ff31423 Issue.