File History is a built-in feature of Windows OS with the error “Reselect your File History driver, We found errors in your File History settings, Tap or click to reselect your drive.” So, without further ado, let’s get started on the discussion. When some users attempted to select the drive where they were storing their File History, an error message appeared, preventing them from accessing that drive. In this article we will try to tech you how to Fix We Found Errors in Your File History Settings Error in Windows 11.
The error message stated, “Reselect your File History driver, We discovered errors in your File History settings.” Re-select your drive by tapping or clicking. If there is a problem with the File History, it will not backup the files and will display the error as a notification. In that case, you can investigate further by tapping on the message. Typically, this is the result of a glitch or corrupted files. Below we have mention the steps to resolve We Found Errors in Your File History Settings Error in Windows PC.
3 Ways to Fix We Found Errors in Your File History Settings Error in Windows 11
Reboot File History
- Connect the external device.
- From the Start menu, type and search for “File History”.
- Select “Turn off” from the menu.
- To continue the service, click the Turn On button to enable it.
Use The Chkdsk Command To Fix The Drive
- Type the following command followed by the Enter key.
- Hit Y to continue when prompted to confirm your activity.
Restart File History Service
- From the Start menu, launch the Services app.
- Locate the file history service.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties from the context menu.
- If it has stopped, you need to click the Start button to restart it.
- If the service is working, click Stop and then click Restart.
We hope our article on methods to Fix We Found Errors in Your File History Settings Error in Windows 11 will help you and resolve all your problems. The ‘We discovered errors in your file history settings’ message appears when users attempt to reselect previously saved locations. When users reselect the drive, the error message states, ‘This drive doesn’t have your most recent files’.
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix We Found Errors in Your File History Settings Error in Windows 11.