This tutorial is about How to Get Airplay on Windows 10 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Get Airplay on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Get Airplay on Windows 10 PC
If you are a tech-savvy or just a regular Windows user, you’ve probably wanted to use AirPlay on your PC before and are wondering how, probably why you are here on this page. Read on to learn how to use AirPlay on Windows 10 with various third-party apps that are compatible with your version of Windows. AirPlay is mirroring and streaming software that Apple originally developed only for the Apple family, but is now available for Mac and PC users.
With AirPlay, streaming multimedia content directly is very easy and without latency. AirPlay is mainly used for two purposes, namely streaming; that is, play video and music wirelessly and mirror, that is, show the screen on another device. Apple boasts that AirPlay lets you stream videos, photos, music, and other media from your Apple devices to your Apple TV, favorite speakers, and popular smart TVs. And everything you share is always kept private.
AirPlay streaming from iTunes on Windows
AirPlay basic audio streaming is built into the Windows version of iTunes. Just install iTunes on your PC and connect to the Wi-Fi network hosting the devices, then you are ready to send music from your computer to compatible audio devices.
Stream any media content via AirPlay on Windows
A Mac is required for non-audio streaming via AirPlay. You can stream media from virtually any program, including those that don’t support AirPlay, as the features are part of the macOS operating system. For example, if you’re running the desktop version of a music app that doesn’t support AirPlay, you can use macOS to send music to your wireless speakers.
This method will not work for PC users because AirPlay in Windows only exists as part of iTunes, separate from the operating system. The TuneBlade program can help. It is free to use on open source operating systems and is available to purchase for Windows.
AirPlay mirroring on Windows with additional software
AirPlay Mirroring allows you to display whatever is on your Mac or iOS device screen on an HDTV using Apple TV. This method is another feature at the operating system level that is not available as part of Windows, but you can add it with these programs:
- AirMyPC allows you to use AirPlay to mirror to an Apple TV or Chromecast. Additional software for Windows allows you to use the mirrored screen as a virtual whiteboard.
- AirParrot allows mirroring to Apple TV and Chromecast. It also allows you to mirror a show to Apple TV while showing something else on your PC, which is not possible on Mac.
- AirServer is a powerful tool designed for educators that enables a PC to receive video through AirPlay. It comes with a free trial.
- X-Mirage supports AirPlay Mirroring on any Mac or PC and adds the ability to record what’s on your screen, as well as audio. It also allows you to mirror more than one device at the same time on the same screen. It is not compatible with Apple TV.
AirPlay receiver in Windows
Another feature of Mac-only AirPlay is the ability for computers to receive AirPlay streams from other devices, so Macs running recent versions of macOS can essentially function as an Apple TV. Some standalone programs will give your Windows PC this same ability:
- AirPlay Client for Windows Media Center is a free program that requires Bonjour, which comes as part of iTunes on Windows.
- LonelyScreen is a free program that supports both receiving and recording content via AirPlay.
- Shairport4w is an open source project available as a free download.
Final remarks: How to Get Airplay on Windows 10 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Get Airplay on Windows 10 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.