This tutorial is about How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002
This is an update error that prevents you from installing updates. When this problem occurs, you will likely get a message on your screen that Windows was unable to complete the requested changes. Windows sandbox error 0x80070002 has also been reported. When it occurs, your only option is to repair your system files or reinstall the update that caused the problem. This can be a serious problem and cause Windows Update to stop working in Windows, but there are some solutions that will surely help you fix the problem.
Windows 10 update error 0x80070002 indicates that your computer was unable to install the latest updates. Fortunately, this is one of the easy error codes to fix. Reboot your computer, check for updates again, and error 0x80070002 should be a thing of the past. However, if the issue persists, perform the following troubleshooting steps.
How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002
Check the time setting
- lick “Control Panel”
- Open “Date and time”
- Click on “Change date and time” and make corrections if necessary
- Set your time zone before pressing OK
- Press on the “Internet Time” tab before selecting “Change settings”
- Check “Synchronize with an Internet time server” before choosing the time server from the list presented
- Press “Update Now”
- Press “OK” twice to complete setup and close all open windows
Check and remove corrupted system files
First, scan and check for corrupted system files
- Click on the Windows icon and type CMD, then right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator
- Type “SFC /scannow” and press enter
- Wait for this process to complete
Second, remove corrupted Windows update files
- Click the “Start” button and select “Control Panel.” Type “Administrative Tools” in the search box and press Enter.
- In the pop-ups, find and double-click “Service”. If you are prompted to provide an administrator password or confirmation, type the password and provide confirmation.
- Click the “Name” tab to sort the items alphabetically, after which you can easily find the Windows update service. Right-click on it and select Stop.
Delete software distribution folder to fix 0x80070002
- Click on “This PC” or “My Computer”
- Navigate to the “C:Windows” folder.
- Find and delete the folder called “SoftwareDistribution”. You can also choose to rename the folder as “SoftwareDistributionOld” in case you don’t want to delete it.
- Please restart your computer before accessing the Windows Update Store. You should be able to notice the updates downloading and installing. This will ensure that this method works to fix error code 0x80070002 for you.
Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Windows Update Troubleshooter is always a method to consider when you are having trouble running Windows Update. Go to Microsoft official website, search for “Troubleshooter” and download it, and this tool can automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.
Final words: How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002
I hope you understand this article, How to Get Rid of Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.