Whether you’re sharing vacation photos or letting your little ones watch fun videos, the last thing you want is someone stumbling across sensitive media files on your device. It’s important to protect your private photos and videos from unsuspecting eyes accidentally discovering them. It’s pretty easy to hide your media files with a few simple tricks. In this article we will try to teach you how to Hide Sensitive Photos and Videos on Pixel Smartphones.
The Google Photos locked folder feature will now be available in other Android smartphones in addition to Pixel smartphones. In June, the feature to lock photos and videos stored in Google Photos was released. Although Google rolled out this unique feature only to users with Google Pixel smartphones, according to the latest report, Google has started rolling out its locked folder to other Android smartphones.
How to Hide Photos and Videos on Pixel Devices
Setting up the Locked Folder
- On your Pixel device, open Google Photos.
- Go to Library at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on Utilities and look for Locked Folder.
- Click on ‘Set up Locked Folder’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your device. If your folder is empty, you’ll find “Nothing here yet.”
- Your device must have the screen lock set up, else you will have to set it up first and then create the Locked Folder.
How to save photos directly from the camera to Locked Folder
- Open the camera app on your Pixel device.
- On the top right corner, tap on Photo Gallery and then Locked Folder.
- You can now click a picture and it will get saved to the Locked Folder.
How to move photos and videos to Locked Folder
- Select the photos and videos you want to hide.
- Click on More, the three dots icon, at the top right.
- Tap Move to hide the media away.
That’s it with our article on how to hide media files on Android smartphones. If you also want to know how to do it then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Hide Sensitive Photos and Videos on Pixel Smartphones.